Individual Throttle Bodies

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16coupe

I have been looking for a while and can't find much on this. I was wondering what kind of power gains could be made with an ITB setup on a stock b16. If it is useless to use them on stock motors then please tell me what modifications would have to be done to the motor for it to make a difference.

I've read on like two sites that it will have a 10-20 hp increase. Is this false?

itb should be near the end of you list then run 2000 or so bucks what do you have for mods and what do you wnat out of the car

Before you invest in ITB's, you are gonna want some big, nasty cams like Toda B's or Jun 3's, a nice PnP, and a nice header like SMSP or JG. Otherwise, it's just not worth the money.

I'm not really looking at the money issue right now. Just wondering what kind of power gains (if any) could be had by itb on a stock motor or a mildly modded one.(like with itr cams and 2 layer headgasket)

Sure, you'll see some power gains, but again, probably not enough to justify spending $2000. You may see a few more peak hp over an ITR intake manny, but is that really worth an extra 1700 dollars? I don't think so.

You will want to be able to look at the engine and go "Damn, nothing else to do..." which in itself is a lie and then you will see max gain from ITBs. But it would be nice to see how much power people who have said that have seen.

You dick shits! make some homemade itbs(or give me a holler ;) )...heres a clip of a b16 and his setup

the car in the vid, is a stock bottom end b16, with a port/polish head, ITR cams, DC 4/2/1 header...and home made ITBs. this car required little tuning. We bolted these on, and drove the car to the dyno 30 miles away. once you get the tps right, you are good.

http://www.styleandspeed.com/2...e.mpg

here is the dyno chart.....
You will notice that there is a 28whp gain. There is no way way I can attribute a full 28whp gain to ITBs. In between the 134whp and 162whp pulls, we also added a DC 4/2/1 header and removed the cat. (there was about a 1 month difference between dynos on this car) I give the header and the cat about 12whp gain, and I attribute the rest to the ITBs. You can see that there is a big difference at the very low and very high rpms......
...hopefully tomorrow I will have another chart to post where the only difference is the addition of ITBs and nothing else.

caesar%20dyno2.jpg

up the compression to like 12:1, aggressive cams, crazy head work, full standalone system, lots of dyno time. anything less than that is a really expensive way to go slow

Originally posted by hybridsol@Mar 6 2004, 11:09 AM
up the compression to like 12:1, aggressive cams, crazy head work, full standalone system, lots of dyno time. anything less than that is a really expensive way to go slow

that basicly sums it up. If your going all motor, this would be your last possible mod. You need loppy cams, lots of compression, huge PnP job, springs, valves, retainors, more headwork, crazy expensive header, and shit load of tuning.

good gains can be made with the ITB's but like most mentioned it would run toward the finale of your tuning and motor build.

ericks racing doesnt use one, why should I :D

there was a whole big write up in HCI december 03 issue. and they got a lot out of their ITB system. They actually blocked off the injector holes and custom made a mount and ran the fuel injectors into the end of the TB's. just changing the injector location they got a 14hp gain. we called TWM and they said you would need about 2600 to get it all working correctly.

Back