Infiniti Fx45 - One Very Fast Suv

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

god help us. these new vehicles are getting real f***ing fast...and they arent super expensive like the evo, wrx sti and the srt-4. this one is about 45k, but ive seen alot of them on the road already. according this suv's specs, it should be able to keep up with a B16 powered crx. :(

2003 Infiniti FX45:
curb weight: 4299lbs
powertrain: 4.5L V8 w/ 5-speed manual ALL WHEEL DRIVE!
horsepower: 315hp @ 6400rpm
torque: 329lbsft @ 4000rpm

more specs:
infinity fx45 specs at edmunds.com

nothing new to me.

SOME:

ford explorers
jeep 4 doors
mercedes "g" series
etc etc

all can keep up with a b16 swap, if not take out.

thats just going to seperate the men from the boys in terms of who is and isnt
going to be able to beat these types of SUV's in their hondas.

when my shit is all said and done by the end of this year, these types of
cars will worry me not....

just another yuppie in his 60,000+ suv polluting the enviroment and making an ass
out of himself in trying to run every import he sees at a stoplight.

just makes me want to revert back to my rice boy days and put strobe lights in my tailights
and when i take them out ( the suv's that is), throw on the hazards with a little dial
to adjust how fast they flash, then on come the strobe lights to rub it in .....haha

Originally posted by karnash@Jun 9 2003, 01:56 AM
nothing new to me.

SOME:

ford explorers
jeep 4 doors
mercedes "g" series
etc etc

dude that cant be right. i didnt check the #s for the mercedes, but the ford explorer in its most powerful form (2003 XLT w/4.6L v8) puts out 239hp and weighs 4000lbs. there is no way that can keep up with a b16 crx.

also, the jeep in its most potent form (2004 grand cherokee limited edition w/"high output" V8) only puts out 265hp and weighs 4200lbs. no way it can keep up with a B16 crx either.

BTW, an 89 crx si with a B16 is 2,148lbs and puts out 160hp. thats roughly 13 and a half pounds per 1hp. the FX45 comes very close with 13.65 pounds per 1hp..and i figure the all wheel drive will own the B16 rex.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Jun 9 2003, 02:47 AM
and they arent super expensive like the evo, wrx sti and the srt-4. this one is about 45k

:huh: That makes no sense dude. You can get an evo, wrx sti, and especially srt-4 for under 45k easy. The srt-4 you can get for under 20k, however, your right when a b16 crx will own jeep, explorer, and let alone any other SUV but ... :gives:

also, the AWD will own a b16 crx off the line, but i think it would be close, mainly depends on the drivers. Seeing is most SUV owners are parents, us honda owners would own them :lol:

Originally posted by dveit+Jun 9 2003, 08:29 AM-->
rixXxceboy
@Jun 9 2003, 02:47 AM
and they arent super expensive like the evo, wrx sti and the srt-4. this one is about 45k

:huh: That makes no sense dude. You can get an evo, wrx sti, and especially srt-4 for under 45k easy.

i meant "they aren't super expensive"...guess i worded that wrong. but as for "who gives a fuck", it also means that these new vehicles will be faster than mid-priced mercedes, bmw's and porsches. tell me there's nothing whack about that.

In the end, it comes down to gear ratios, powerband, driver skill, tire quality/wheel weight, suspension, aerodynamics, and a million other factors. There is no way that Infiniti will beat a Porsche stock for stock.

Very Nice! So does anyone know the specs on the new porsche cayenne S? I saw one the other day, and yeah it was pretty bling bling if you ask meh, I would definitely roll one.

Back