infinity q45

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Iron 1

just checking in to see if anyone knows anything about them. I am looking into the 91+ year range. all I know is that they are a luxury four door from infinity. they came with a dohc 4.5l 278hp/292tq V8, rear wheel drive, automatic trans. it came with the super hicas steering as an option, is this the same idea of the Skyline? and in 91 traction control became another option, can I turn this off for some drifting/burnouts? Fas is another option it's a Full Active Suspension, that has computer-controlled hydraulic actuators at each wheel that generate forces in response to signals from 10 sensors to counteract body lean, nose lift and nose dive, and fore/aft pitch on wavy surfaces. that's the mechanical stuff, they have all the regular luxury power options; drivers airbag, automatic climate control, power driver's seat, power sunroof, antitheft system, and power windows/mirrors, etc...
my questions are has anybody heard/rode/driven in one of these? and, would it be possible to switch the auto for a manual trans.?

here it is stock
s401e007cd94aa.jpg

and here's a body kit
s401e00941389f.jpg

Edit:img, not url

Originally posted by mikesphat@Feb 2 2004, 03:11 AM
nice man... but i hate the bland lines of the stocker

true, but there enlies the sleeper effect... could you imagine the look on the ricers faces as I beat them to hell in that. or see it drifting around the corners with ease. it has a longer and wider wheel base, than the 240sx, which would provide more stability.
the best part is how it would be the perfect roadtrip car. it's the right size to just sit there and cruise down the highway, and still be comfortable, unlike the civic. all the reviews that I've found compare it to the BMW, and mercedes, but they go for like 3grand. oh well, to each his own.

Back