Infinity Reference speakers???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude9593

i've heard good things about infinity speakers, especially the kappa series but they are out of my price range, especially since i don't want an "all-out" system for the accord. i just want something that is high quality on a budget ($90 or less per pair).
i've been looking at the infinity reference series and they seem to fit my budget. anyone have experience with these?
also, would you recommend 2-ways or 3-ways. i'm gonna put 6x9's in the rear deck and 6.5" in the front doors. i was thinking about doing some 3-ways in the back and 2-ways up front but what the hell do i know? lol. just shoot me some ideas.

here's a link if you're interested. infinity speakers

oh yeah, i think i'm gonna go with a kenwood head unit. the KDC-MP5028 to be exact.

Infinity makes very good speakers. I don't think you can ever go wrong with a set of them. As for the 2-way or 3-way set.... I suppose it depends on what you want. The higher the number before way (as in 2 or 3) means how many different things the speaker is doing. Dor example, 3 ways will have the 6x9 and then two little coaxials. So I guess what I'm saying is... do you want more treble behind your head (or wherever you're putting them) cause if not you can probably spend less and just get plain 6x9's or two ways. Thats just my opinion though. All in all, I say get the infinity's no matter what kind.

personaly, i'd got with 2 ways and a set of tweets. the 3 ways tend to blow the tweeter on it,and then it sounds like ass. if that little tweeter blows then you gotta replace the whole speaker, which sucks.

I avoid oblong speakers like the plague, and I have the Infinity Reference series in my Civic (6.5" in all corners). The tweeters are shrill, and the quality is outstanding. I am constantly fooled by sounds from the stereo.

My front speakers are mounted factory location, under factory grilles - Since I have the E-trim Civic hatch, I have no factory rear speaker support. I have (I know, I know) screwed them to the plastic in the corners. Not joking.

It still sounds great. I combined it with the Infinity BassBox series 2, with a Panasonic head unit, no amping.

:worthy: Infinity.

I love em, but won't spend the $$$ for em. Not in a honda civic anyway. Maybe a bimmer or a mercedes or something.

You can't go wrong with infinity though, Awesome speakers, awesome sound.

my roommate gets a 60% discount on infinity so i'm gonna go with the kappas now. i should be able to spend 300 bucks for everything.

My mom's Chrysler has Infinitis stock, and those things sound really nice; way better than some Kenwoods, Sonys, etc. My cousin rode with me and the first time he heard those speakers, he thought there was an aftermarket system and subwoofer in the car.

Well before my stuff got stolen I DID have 2 12'' infinity reference series subwoofers. They sounded VERY nice...I hit 135 db in a SHITTY box...I got a clean ported box and it sounded like it gained a couple more decibles....and as for speakers...I have power acoustik XPK 6x9's...they are very nice and bassy...good treble as well...60% sounds like he works at circuit city or something :p . Thats how I got my stuff :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
i've heard good things about infinity speakers, especially the kappa series but they are out of my price range, especially since i don't want an "all-out" system for the accord. i just want something that is high quality on a budget ($90 or less per pair).
i've been looking at the infinity reference series and they seem to fit my budget. anyone have experience with these?
also, would you recommend 2-ways or 3-ways. i'm gonna put 6x9's in the rear deck and 6.5" in the front doors. i was thinking about doing some 3-ways in the back and 2-ways up front but what the hell do i know? lol. just shoot me some ideas.

here's a link if you're interested. infinity speakers

oh yeah, i think i'm gonna go with a kenwood head unit. the KDC-MP5028 to be exact.

I was happy with the 5 1/4" pair that I used to have in my camry. Only thing is they dry rotted and peeled after about 3 years. And my back window was heavily tinted so I don't know why they did so fast. But great sound quality. Mine were 2 way with aimable tweeters

Back