1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info on Oil Pans needed

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by street_racer_271, Jul 19, 2006.

1. street_racer_271

street_racer_271 adrenaline is my high

hey just looking into getting a new oil pan? my plans are to run about 500whp out of my gsr, and i was wondering if i need to upgrade the oil pan, and what are some good brands and designs for them, the only thing i can really find are moroso and spoon, but i don't know if the spoon will be good enough if im running ~500hp

2. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

I don't see the relation between horsepower and oil pans, please enlighten me.

3. street_racer_271

street_racer_271 adrenaline is my high

neither do i, but im just wondering if i need to upgrade the oil pan or something if im running that kind of power? to me it doesn't seem like it either but, thats why im asking im not an expert

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Nope, power and your pan are not connected. Maybe if you were worried about very high G cornering, then yes- you would want a baffled pan... but for 500whp on a drag setup, you don't have to worry about it. Stock is fine.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

the moroso makes it easy to turbo though-- it has built in bung fittings for the oil return line and an oil temp probe.

make sure your downpipe clears it though. it hangs slightly lower than stock, even on the "thin" side (under the dizzy)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted