Info on Oil Pans needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

street_racer_271

adrenaline is my high
hey just looking into getting a new oil pan? my plans are to run about 500whp out of my gsr, and i was wondering if i need to upgrade the oil pan, and what are some good brands and designs for them, the only thing i can really find are moroso and spoon, but i don't know if the spoon will be good enough if im running ~500hp

I don't see the relation between horsepower and oil pans, please enlighten me.

neither do i, but im just wondering if i need to upgrade the oil pan or something if im running that kind of power? to me it doesn't seem like it either but, thats why im asking im not an expert

Nope, power and your pan are not connected. Maybe if you were worried about very high G cornering, then yes- you would want a baffled pan... but for 500whp on a drag setup, you don't have to worry about it. Stock is fine.

the moroso makes it easy to turbo though-- it has built in bung fittings for the oil return line and an oil temp probe.

make sure your downpipe clears it though. it hangs slightly lower than stock, even on the "thin" side (under the dizzy)

Back