Ingalls Style Front UCA Camber Kit vs. Fender Clearence

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FamilyD

Runs like a scalded dog!!
Does anyone have any experience with inner fender clearence issues @ the front UCA... and possible remedies???

Have totally disassembled front & rear suspension... replaced all old stock bushings with Energy Suspension replacement bushings... new shocks w/2.5" lowering springs (not coilovers) at the ready... have just begun reassembly... far from finished... still on jack stands.

It appears as though anything more than just slight outboard adjustment of the Ingalls style adjustable front UCA bushings will cause contact between the "tip" of the UCA outboard of the ball joint & the spot welded "lip" formed between the shock tower/UCA housing & the steel portion of the inner fender.

I can't say for certain how much of this adjustment will be necessary untill I get back on the ground and on an alignment rack... just trying to stay ahead of the curve.

if the style camber kit u have is the one that replaces the peices where the uca mounts, with some adj. units then there is nothing that i know of that u can do about it. I had the same issue in my car with that style camber kit, and ended up having to swap over to an adj. balljoint setup to fix the issue. Some cars accept them others dont. My brother put this style on his 92 integra and it worked just fine no clearance issues at all no noises. I would suggest testing the clearance and if u see its gonna hit dont just put it together and try to get by with it, cause it will make loud and disturbing noises when u hit bumps goin down the road.

Quoted post[/post]]
if the style camber kit u have is the one that replaces the peices where the uca mounts, with some adj. units then there is nothing that i know of that u can do about it. I had the same issue in my car with that style camber kit, and ended up having to swap over to an adj. balljoint setup to fix the issue. Some cars accept them others dont. My brother put this style on his 92 integra and it worked just fine no clearance issues at all no noises. I would suggest testing the clearance and if u see its gonna hit dont just put it together and try to get by with it, cause it will make loud and disturbing noises when u hit bumps goin down the road.
Thanks for the reply...

Yes... that is the style... with the adj. UCA bushings. What make & model did you experience the problem with??? And the adj. ball joint... was that the upper or lower???

Back