Initial D Battle9 out on the 11th

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dude you really need to get on a bit torrent site as most of the 4th season is out and translated. The DVDs are still stuck on the first season, I stopped after 4 or 5 DVDs once I realized I could be downloading this shit.

yup, just finished downloading the fansubbed version of 4th stage eps 9 and 10. if you can check it out at www.animesuki.com, the listing should be there for another day or two.

Fuck that, the dubbing is some of the best dubbing I have seen in Anime ever. They really capture what it is like to be a jive street racer. Quit talking out of your asses. [/sarcasm]

i liked the dubbed version. easier to watch IMO, since im not listening to japanese the whole time. not being racist, but it just sounds funny. id rather hear it in english.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Dec 25 2004, 03:06 PM
i liked the dubbed version. easier to watch IMO, since im not listening to japanese the whole time. not being racist, but it just sounds funny. id rather hear it in english.
[post=437104]Quoted post[/post]​

The original gives you the option of what language want, I never new you could download the shit.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Dec 25 2004, 02:06 PM-->
[post=437104]Quoted post[/post]​

:p If they just dubbed it and did a good job on the translation and timing, then it would be ok. They didn't though- they changed all the names around, used completely different music... they tried to hard to "Americanize" the anime. It's a bit ghetto to me.

darien234
@Dec 25 2004, 05:26 PM
The original gives you the option of what language want, I never new you could download the shit.
[post=437220]Quoted post[/post]​

Not anymore- not once it got licensed in the US. If you're downloading Initial-D now, you're not getting it legally.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 26 2004, 03:04 PM
Not anymore- not once it got licensed in the US.  If you're downloading Initial-D now, you're not getting it legally.
[post=437444]Quoted post[/post]​

I think only that only up to second or third stage has been lisenced. I say that because www.animesuki.com will only list unliscenced anime, and they have been listing the 4th stage stuff. So i think technically downloading the 4th stage stuff is legal.

edit: checked, only battle stage and 4th stage have yet to be lisenced.

Originally posted by Guy+Dec 26 2004, 04:56 PM-->
@Dec 26 2004, 03:04 PM
Not anymore- not once it got licensed in the US. If you're downloading Initial-D now, you're not getting it legally.

I think only that only up to second or third stage has been lisenced. I say that because www.animesuki.com will only list unliscenced anime, and they have been listing the 4th stage stuff. So i think technically downloading the 4th stage stuff is legal.

edit: checked, only battle stage and 4th stage have yet to be lisenced.
[post=437473]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok, time to queue up the 4th stage. :)

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 26 2004, 03:04 PM
:p If they just dubbed it and did a good job on the translation and timing, then it would be ok. They didn't though- they changed all the names around, used completely different music... they tried to hard to "Americanize" the anime. It's a bit ghetto to me.

anything translated and dubbed into a different language will have acurracy and timing problems. some languages just dont mix well. :) but i dont mind that some parts are a little off, i dont really look at peoples mouths the whole movie, just whats going on. same with the names, i dont mind. but what i think they did do a good job of was picking people with the right voices for each character. they all sound exactly how they look like that should sound. and i'd kinda prefer the american music. IMO it makes it more suspensful (except the god damn begining music, that fucking gay) ive watched things like dragonball z in japanese and it just seemed cheezy and stupid with the original music and stuff. just my .02

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Dec 27 2004, 03:28 AM-->
@Dec 26 2004, 03:04 PM
:p  If they just dubbed it and did a good job on the translation and timing, then it would be ok.  They didn't though- they changed all the names around, used completely different music... they tried to hard to "Americanize" the anime.  It's a bit ghetto to me.

anything translated and dubbed into a different language will have acurracy and timing problems. some languages just dont mix well. :) but i dont mind that some parts are a little off, i dont really look at peoples mouths the whole movie, just whats going on. same with the names, i dont mind. but what i think they did do a good job of was picking people with the right voices for each character. they all sound exactly how they look like that should sound. and i'd kinda prefer the american music. IMO it makes it more suspensful (except the god damn begining music, that fucking gay) ive watched things like dragonball z in japanese and it just seemed cheezy and stupid with the original music and stuff. just my .02
[post=437653]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow, you are the first person I've ever heard admit that they prefer the Tokyopop version. While liking the two is totally a matter of personal preference, more than anything (aside from the opening song, which could totally ruin the series alone) the localization changes are what bother me. Im actually kind of offended that Tokyopop feels that the original intent of the people that made the anime is bad, and that they must change it to appeal to American audiences, at least in reference to their ghetto-fied speach. Its sort of mixing a FATF element where it doesn's belong. Ill agree that they did do a quality dub (they are hoping to sell it to a network im sure), but its the not to subtle changes in speach patterns as well as "remixing" the original race scenes that bother me.

To address the differences between Japanese Dragon ball Z and the American version, you really only need to look at when the Anime was actually released in japan to understand, in part, why the music and audio quality seemed cheesy. The American version has always seemed odd to me, as when i first started watching DBZ it was the spanish version, and it didnt have the American soundtrack.

:werd:

They changed the entire feel of the anime when they ported it over to the US. They should have left it as is and just dubbed the English in. There was no need to "ghettofy" everything. That's what pissed me off.

Fuck dubbing. Subtitles are the way to go. I just bought seasons one through three on DVD from Hong Kong off Ebay for like, 40 bucks. The only catch is you have to watch it on your computer unless you have an asian market dvd player.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 27 2004, 04:32 PM
Several of my friends have the real Asian market DVDs. Just get a region free player. :)
[post=437909]Quoted post[/post]​

or chip your ps2. :ph34r:

No PS2. PS2 = not a good DVD player anyway.... and chipping it is more expensive than buying some cheapo off brand DVD player for $40 and flashing the ROM with a burned CD.

Back