Initial D fans?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sablo16

Im not sure if this has been a topic around here or not but i was wondering how many of you guys have heard of this excellent anime series...

Also, if anyones heard rumors concerning the new stage lemme kno :D

i have personally d/l all 39 episodes the extra stage the battles stage and the movie ... ive yet to play the videogame

Theres also an online quiz to figure out which character you are most like...ill post the addy if anyones has interest

I came up as Ryousuke (sp?) :lol:

Anyone know of any 86's still on the road?

yeah i love it how they made the only honda driver in the entire series a cheating bastard...

doesnt quite speak well for us does it? :lol:

Hondas are laughed at in Japan when it comes to performance, so it makes sense that the Honda guy would be some limp wristed pussy.

Why exactly are they laughed at?!? i mean what about tuning shops like top secret and top fuel they tune hondas that break records!

I really dont understand why hondas are ripped on so much i mean w/ VTEC and everything they are just as good as any other vehicle on the road and im sure w/ the s2000 some of that laughter has been quieted

I've DL'ed the whole set, then the wife watched a few, then she baught the full DVD set, she got me a t-shirt, then the New Ballance Shoe's, and then she wanted the CAR. I couldn't find a GTS in my area....sooooo.....

She baught a SR5, and then I tracked down a high comp engine, and another engine/tranny set, a guy's stach of GTS part's, then this week I picked up another AE86, that had the swap done to it, so.......

After she get's her driver's licence...then I will convert her SR5 into the meanest AE86 GTS on the East coast......she even baught some Sprinter tail-light's from Japan, alonge with the full sticker package for the GT APEX, and a JDM gauge cluster......

Amazing what that cartoon did to her.

yeah man its a great cartoon...

new balance shoes?

got any pics of the ride?

(i was considering building a 180sx but eh...well my other ride got impounded :-( )

Nope, I can't stand em.. I just made this for the hell of it. ;)

trueno.gif

after i'm done with my hatch, i'm thinking about getting a 180sx or find an AE86

i think initial d is an awesome show

i think the race with the mr2 was cool

o yeah the sw20 race was a high point of the series ...

btw consider the 180 the 86 are getting really hard to find parts for esp. if your on the east coast

hondas are NOT laughed at by the performance tuners in japan. FF's have a large amount of followers as well as FR's and 4wd's, the R's are very respectable in road races and mountain roads. Japanese people loove the NSX as a MR also.

I have read the newest initial D books since I can read Japanese and Chinese. and the story line continues so far: the 86' guy has joined the rotary brothers for project D, which they go on the roads around japan racing people/crews.

MORE HONDAS COME UP!. The 86 races a yellow Civic EK-R on downhill, and the FD races a turbo DC2-R on hill climb. Of course, the 86 beats the Civic-R, he was later challenged by a Spoon civic driven by a professional racer from the same crew and the 86 wins!!

o SWEEET...where did you get your hands on that stuff...i heard something about takumi racing against s a WRX can you verify?

damn man share the wealth

:D :D :D :D :D

ah yes...Initial D
The race in stage 3 against the blue SW20 (SW21?) is what got me into MR2s in the first place i think
:worthy: :worthy: Initial D

takumi's dad bought a WRX and gave takumi the trueno. Takumi didn't exactly race the WRX, his dad smoked him so bad it got takumi to doubt his 86. Later on takumi's dad said the reason he bought the car and raced takumi is to let takumi learn the true potential of the trueno and rwd cars on mountain roads.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jul 25 2003, 09:17 PM
Hondas are laughed at in Japan when it comes to performance, so it makes sense that the Honda guy would be some limp wristed pussy.

:bs: :bs: :bs:

if thats true, then why do lots of japanese tuner companies still use ITR's and CTR's and NSX's for their project cars?

Also, you think Nissan is such an all-mighty "will walk all over any honda" brand...well....a frickin R33/R34 skyline with twin turbos, rb26dett and 1000hp can stil be shown up at the track by an ALL_MOTOR H22 powered crx with only about 250hp at the wheels! ...and in autocross...a FWD CRX will WALK ALL OVER a RWD skyline. to get a supra or rx-7 to run tens, it takes LOTS of boost and more than 600hp, but that H22 all-motor crx is ALREADY THERE!

the only place where hondas dont excel is in drifting...which is all show. not a real race.

hehe.....

What does a 300HP, 400HP, 600HP, and a 800HP Supra have in common?

12 second's.

Lame, I know, but true....

Back