Initial D fans?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i don't think it's really fair to be comparing FF's, MR/FR/RR's and 4wd's. They all have different driving characteristics and require different driving skills to excel in any race.

FF - economy, beginner/entry level racing, FF racing, not really meant to drag.

MR/FR/RR - sport/GT car, drifting, JGTC!

4wd - rally/drag

they're made for different purposes therefore its not fair to compare.

I'd love to see a 4wd 2.2 litre DOHC VTEC 220hps in 2000 lb CRX and a 4wd 2.5 litre dohc TT motor 280hps in 3000+ lb Skyline (its a fuckin' tank, i've seen it in person and it's HUGE) drag race. I think i'd put the money on the CRX.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 26 2003, 02:53 AM
if i was in japan, the last thing i'd be driving would be a honda.

:werd: Its like going out with some fat chick that barely puts out and you have to work for when you could be going out with some fanaticaly hott bitch could suck start a leaf blower.

:werd:

and while hondas arent exactly the best at drifting i have seen option videos thanx to kazaa that shows hondas can and win do it just not do it w/ that fr style you know

and if i also sorta agree w/ you guys while a honda wouldnt be my first choice (S15 Silvia all the way baby :lol:) i would definately love to buy a Civic EJ9 (coupe ? 92-95 right?) and have the boys at top secret turn it into a road racing killing machine that way id have the s15 for like nice days (id get the varietta for the hell of it dont flame lol) and id ahve the civic to kick ass w/

and by the way someone tell me where to get the new stage from even if its still in japanese!!!

ehhhh...thats true its not a true drift persay however when your racing for time against an fr car and the match looks sweet as hell i doubt ppl are really gonna care enuf to say thats not a true drift...its still freakin cool as hell

In autox or road course against an FR car in an FF car I'd definately opt for grip driving, just my opinion.

well thats true but the sometimes driver would prefer to use a highly controlled drift to take advantage of a situation...i suppose it all depends on the road conditions, timing, course, all that crap but both techniques can come in handy its just that grip driving is easier to master

its true, personally i think the best driving style would be a mix, or perhaps the borderline between traction and a drift

id have to agree w/ you there proper technique is essential and that means acquiring all sorts of skills so yes a a person would have to be well acquainted w/ both styles and know when to use each ... blah ...blah ... blah

I just love getting rwd torquey cars sideways. My bro just got a 85 porsche 944 and I am still waiting on doing a jdm style 1 handed drift :p

record that shit and post it i gotta see that

i was gonna get a 240 and turn it into a 180 complete w/ do-luck body kit thing was gonna be sooo sweet sr20det the whole ball o wax but now ... meh... doesnt look like thatll happen

im still planning on getting sideways one way or the other soon as i do it ill be posting that shit like mad :lol:

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jul 27 2003, 12:38 AM
I just love getting rwd torquey cars sideways. My bro just got a 85 porsche 944 and I am still waiting on doing a jdm style 1 handed drift :p

you even try to spin the wheels on that thing and you'll blow the motor.

friend of mind had an 84 944 and had to do over $3000 in motor repairs in less then 1 year.

i suppose it'd be somewhat like a 240, both are 2.0L engines and both about the same horsepower, with a SR20DET in the 240 that is

but hey, if you had a 30,000 car would you really drift it?

tahts my point exactly...but in japan s15 cost about that but *sigh* reality strikes this isnt japan

id upgrade the damn thing n then drift the ever loving crap outta it :lol: but you have an interesting point there

Back