Initial D live action movie

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

heard about this from a guy at suncoast video store where i buy my initial d videos from. pretty cool but it would be cooler to have an english version, or at least dubbed in english.

and IMO it wont be as good as the series. just because its not anime. now if they made a full length anime film of Initial D that would kick ass.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Oct 25 2004, 08:33 PM
heard about this from a guy at suncoast video store where i buy my initial d videos from. pretty cool but it would be cooler to have an english version, or at least dubbed in english.

and IMO it wont be as good as the series. just because its not anime. now if they made a full length anime film of Initial D that would kick ass.
[post=407359]Quoted post[/post]​

They have made a full length anime film of initial D, it is stage 3 i believe.

I think its kickbutt theyre making a live action version, itll be very interesting to see if they get something thats analogous to FATF happening over there. As to being released in the US, while it may or may not (afterall, they have yet to do a US release of battle royale which would be a for sure cult classic) Its safe to say that as soon as the DVD of the movie is released a fansubbed version will be out and for free.

released in the US or not who cares? chip your ps2. :shrug2:

Yup, Stage 3 is the Initial-D "movie".

I finally got around to watching this news clip- I'm glad I did. The news is in Mandarin Chinese... I understand most of it. :) I'm definitely going to try to get a copy of this movie when it comes out next year.

omg.... initial d is one of the worst animes i have ever seen. is there a reason why the animation is so shitty or is it suppose to be like that?

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Oct 25 2004, 11:10 PM
omg.... initial d is one of the worst animes i have ever seen. is there a reason why the animation is so shitty or is it suppose to be like that?
[post=407430]Quoted post[/post]​

It's old
Different artists, different faces- other than that, it's not bad at all visually
CG = cheaper

I still like it, no matter how silly it is.

So will this be a Chinese or Japanese movie?

I know Calesta said the news was in Chinese, and it looked like the film crew was being dubbed over from Japanese to Chinese, but I'm not quite sure.

For the most part, I couldn't easily tell which character was which... But they've got a really good Bunta. :D

a-bunta01.jpg

Bunta.jpg

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Oct 26 2004, 04:35 PM
well what did they say in the interview Mike?? :huh:
[post=407713]Quoted post[/post]​

It was mostly stuff about how they did the production- like who's got the drifting skills, who's playing which parts, how difficult little things were blah blah blah. I'm not good enough to translate it all on the fly, and I only watched it once. They talk a bit faster back "home" compared to what us ABCs (American Born Chinese) are used to also. If I watch it again later today, I'll post up what I can.

Back