1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Injector Battery Offset Consistency (idle/driving)

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by YBLEGAL, Nov 1, 2012.

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

NW Indiana
    Hey everyone, long time since I've been around here.

But I've still got the same car, still making the improvements.

Now, I'm turbo, stock B16, Eagle Talon TD05H-14b turbo, 550cc injectors. It's really fun! I installed everything myself, and am learning to tune myself. It's actually tuned fairly well already. I daily it as well, so the problem isn't very bad..

But I'm trying to tune it better, more consistent. I started with the provided offsets for my RC injectors (tuning in Crome btw). Adjusted my overall offset till things were close. When testing AFR vs Batt Voltage/Load I cannot get things to stay the same..

I've got it set so at idle I'm 15.2afr (@ ~14v). On idle, when I introduced load, it went lean, ~16afr @ ~13.7v. So I adjusted the offsets table till idle was consistent 15.2afr @ voltages between 12 and 14.

Problem is, when driving at a constant speed at a constant rpm, and load is introduced, it still wants to go lean, sometimes as much as a whole +1 over.

Why? I'm looking for clues.

Alt-C is disconnected.

Thanks for any help!
  2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

I think what you are seeing is pretty normal. It takes a bit before the computer compensates based on the readings. pretty much all dyno's go lean when the initial throttle-on happens. I never played around much with tuning part-throttle stuff..... i generally just left it on the stock map out of boost
Draft saved Draft deleted