injector help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LarsonSi_0091

ok i have a 91 crx si with a d16z6 swap and ive done everything with the conversion harness and all. the problem is that i have had the car running driving down the road and everything was going good untill last night i took it out for a ride it died on me and wouldnt start back up. ive tried new dizzy, fuel filter, check to make sure i had fuel pressure, checked spark got that. comes down to the injectors arent pulsing i have all my grounds and connections are good. the injectors are brand new and they have power to them. i have no cel's or anything like that.

It has to be in your wiring if the car was running before. I would go through it all and check to make sure everything is making good contact especially if you eliminated the injector resistor box.

I dont think you will want to hear this. First off take a visit to hondata.com and read the faqs page. Then you need to find out if you original motor has 1ohm or 12ohm injectors. Then you need to find out what your new motor has. I bet you had 12ohm on te original motor and 1ohm on your new motor. The motor will start up and run fine but as you run longer it overheats your ecu particulary the injector pins. These will heat up enough to actually melt. Smell you ecu plug on the ecu does it smell burnt. You probably need a new ecu and need to wire a injector resistor block into your harness. Good luck.

thanks for the replys guys but i figured it out there was a couple of missed solder points the in the chip that i had installed in the ecu its running great now.....and hey kyle i know bout the injector the orginal had low impendance and the new one had high impendance. i know what im doing. not trying to sound like and ass but i know everything that i had to do n i got it. i did many months after months of research on it ;).

Back