injector question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

csan

I need to know how to tell which injectors I have by the numbers/letters on the stock injector

measure the resistance across them...

look at the FAQ. and match em up.

i would almost guarantee they are 240cc injectors... and all you need to know is if they are for obd1 or 2

and to tell if they are obd1 or obd2 is the little tab that is where the clip is. if the tab is right in the middle, it is obd1 if it is off center slightly it is obd2

I did not find anything in the faq but flow rates. I am needing this info because I just bought some injectors from a 92-96 prelude (supposed to be) for my h22a4 swap in my accord. It is still leaning out with these injectors lke it was with the stock accord injectors(240's)

All Acura/Honda's before 1992 use Peak & Hold style injectors. These are low resistance injectors that are measured at 2.5/3 ohms(measured at 43 P.S.I.G).

Acura/Honda's from 1992 and newer(with the exception of 92-96 Preludes) use Saturated injectors. These are high resistance injectors that are measured approx. at 12-16 ohms (measured at 43 P.S.I.G).

the 92-96 lude uses the Peak HOld, low resistance

Ok I understand all of that but how do I know if I got peak and hold 240cc or peak and hold 345cc like I need

Originally posted by csan@Nov 13 2003, 10:15 PM
Ok I understand all of that but how do I know if I got peak and hold 240cc or peak and hold 345cc like I need

send them to rc engineering, they'll flow test them :)
well, the 96+preludes have the 240 cc saturated, it looks like the only obd1 injectors were the 340cc prelude peak hold injectors.

1992-96 Prelude non-vtec Peak and hold 240cc
it could be these

So it boils down to nobody knows how to tell which injectors I have by the numbers/letters on the side of the injector

Back