injector resistor box

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

moemoe

PRELUDE JDM
I read articles about injector resistor box that needs to be added on a 96 prelude (obdIIa) when doing a obdI h22a engine swap.I have a 96 prelude and i did the swap but my car has a resistor box.My question is when I did the swap did I had to change the sohc injector resistor box to a dohc vtec box?Or is the box that i thing is a injector resistor box , not what i think it is?

An injector resistor's main -or- only function is to not burn out the injectors. You need to make sure the injector resistor box matches your injectors.

the resistor box i got is for f22a1 sohc,the new motor is a h22a1 dohc,so how can i tell if i find one in the junk yard,will these explain why car runs fine sometimes and sometimes not?so in other words i need a p13 resistor box?

I'm not too sure on your set-up because I have only dealt with D-Series motors, but I will go look for some codes on my D16a6 resistor box. You really should get one that matches your injectors soon because the times when it's not running right, I presume that that may be when they are about to fail/fry. I'll get back to you in about an hour to see what I come up with.

Are you running the F22a1 injectors or the H22a1 injectors on your set up?. If you are running the F22a1 injectors you are already set, but if not you should be able to just ask the junk yard if they have a resistor box for the H22a1 and if they know their shit (which they should) you could pick one up for probably $10-$50 and save yourself hundreds on buying new injectors. By the way you can research to find if they are "peak and hold" injectors or if they are "saturated injectors" by checking on google.com. I believe that "peak and hold" need a resistor box while the "saturated" injectors don't.

well i bought a jdm p13 motor, so im asuming that the injecors are the original for the motor.i think there 355cc im not sure what type came with the motor.also just getting a usdm resistor box should do it then,also whats"peak and hold" and saturated differences?

"peak and hold" means that when the actuator releases the fuel injector goes to it's peak amount of fuel and holds it there for whatever the injector manufacturer set it for. One could be to peak and hold it for .001 sec. and another could open at peak and hold for .002 sec. I'm not too sure how saturated injectors work, but I will research it!.

*edit*
It's not what the injector manufacturer sets it for, this type of activity is controlled by the ECU. If you have your ECU chipped for more fuel then it will change how long the injector stays open for.

Back