injector size

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
im building a new motor and eventually i want to boost it. 10psi daily and something like 20psi at the strip. what size injectors should i get? i was thinking 450cc but i dont know. im dropping it in over the winter but it wont be boosted until at least the summer. can i go with the bigger injectors now? and they will be ran with str intake mani, str tb, str fuel rail and some aftermarket fuel regulator(havent decided yet). thanks for the help.

You'll probably want something larger than 450cc injectors for "20psi" on a turbo...

Injectors are really easy to change. Just use the stock ones until you're ready to install and tune the turbo, otherwise you'll have a harder time tuning the engine off boost. Run a Hondata ECU to tune your big injectors. Your engine won't run that well on that much boost without a real tuning solution.

i dont no about mazda injectors, but i do now that dsm injectors will work. i think im gonna get some 450cc blue tops. just read and article in import tuner-b-series shootout and 2 out of the four teams are using 440cc all motor so it might be overkill but even a good set of dsm injectors are cheap as hell. ill get some big rc injectors when i put the turbo on sometime during the summer.

rx7's are side mount and will not work. you need a top mount style.

either way, there's not readily availble injectors for a honda that will support the power you're going to be after.

first of all, 20psi in and of itself means nothing.
thats like saying i'm going to run 20mm/Hg at idle.

assuming you're going to go the "standard" t3/t04e .57/.63 60 trim, 20 psi is going to put your ls vtec in the low 300s i'd hazzard a guess.

450s will top out long before that.
550s will be close.
RC has recently released 650 and 750cc staturated injectors. i'd recommend one of those. importparts.com has 'em

the older rx7s are top feed, i got mine from two 88's and there 460cc's

Back