1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Injector wiring problem..

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Matts96HB, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

I had an injector wire melt through and ground out on the intake manifold last night. Now that injector is not working, I've sourced the problem to not getting power from the ECU. The car is running a resistor box, what could have been damaged? The ECU looks fine underneath (no visible black marks or scarring) but still not getting power to the injector. I have checked all the solders and everything and its solid. Hell, its not even getting power right next to the ECU! Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

Im sure you already checked all your fuses? Other than that I dont know.

3. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

power to the injectors comes from the resistor box, you won't see anything in the + coming from the ecu. the computer pulses ground to tell the injector when to fire.

4. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

I have checked the fuses, but the thing is that only ONE injector is not getting power..
    Well, I stabbed a test light into the other injector wires and was getting something with the key in the ON position (not running), but nothing from that one wire. What would cause power loss to just one injector?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted