1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

INJECTORS D-series question

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by jpoenitsch, Feb 13, 2004.

1. jpoenitsch

jpoenitsch Member

Stupid Question
    off a 1991 CRX D16a6
    Anyone know why cut off injector plug-ins from a D series DOHC would not plug into a D series SOHC injector??

I bought an engine from a guy and he threw on some fuel rail from a??? which did not fit even close so I found a rail and cut off fuel injector plug wiring off of a DOHC (plugs for the DX to SI convers.), but now the new plugs won't plug into the injectors I have on the engine.

So I am not sure if I have the wrong injectors (if the guy just threw on some off of a pile he had or what), or are these plugs I got wrong.

Can't find anything on the net on plug differences, so i was hoping one of you guys might know something.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :spin:
  2. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

Media:
    plugs are different according to what obd system the injectors are from, not dohc vs sohc your rex is obd0 (unless converted) and he probably gave you obd 1 or 2 injetors
  3. jpoenitsch

jpoenitsch Member

Ok, but if I want to use these obd 1 plugs to do my dx to si wiring on my crx can I just find a pair of obd 1 injectors and use them? or is that going to screw something else up??

Rest of car will be obd0
  4. crx-si

crx-si Member

No you need obd 0 injectors because they are a low inpedance injector
    the ones you have are high impedance so no.
  5. paybac4223

paybac4223 Junior Member

i just picked up 4 obd0 injectors from a teg d16a6 for 26 bucks so if you need another pair i'll send them to you for 50 shipped comming from so cal.
  6. crx-si

crx-si Member

Tegs diden't come with d16a6's they came with d16a1's but the injectors are the same
  7. jpoenitsch

jpoenitsch Member

Thanks for the information. Anyone have a picture of an obd0 injector plug-in configuration, or can anyone snap one quick?? So I make sure it is the injectors that are wrong and not these stupid plugs. I am doing the DX to SI conversion so you know.

All of the injectors that I have seen for sale look the same on the outside, where the real visible difference is in the plug-in design.

IF you can snap a picture I would really appreciate it. If you want put it on here or send it to me at,

justinpoenitsch@hotmail.com

Thanks alot! ;)
  8. crx-si

crx-si Member