INJECTORS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

anarcyacura22

Im curious to know how and what do injectors do cause I havent really heard much about them. Of course they make feul flow better but when and why would you change them and for what setup. Im doing a b20 turbo set up and saw the rc injectors and was wondering about it. I mean even if I did all motor would I have to or should I get new injectors. Also what kind of results would I see and in what range. Your opinions are appreciated.

I think that if you do not know what injectors do, then you should not be trying to build any engine until you have a little more knowledge about what you are tearing into. I'm not trying to speak down to you, but sheesh, man. Take some baby steps. Go and read up on the basics of a motor. I'll give you a short answer to your q though. An injector is basically a solenoid that's hooked up to a valve. On one side of the valve is the fuel rail which is at a constant fuel pressure. On the other side of the valve is the intake manifold. When your ecu sees a certain Intake manifold pressure from the MAP sensor, it looks up off a digital table(aka fuel map) the pulsewidth of the fuel injector, in other words, how long to open the valve for. The ecu tries to adjust the Air/fuel ratio to be stoiciometric so the engine burns clean, so that will determine how much fuel gets added into the cylinders for cumbustion. RC injectors, like what you are talking about, don't make the fuel flow better, they just give you a higher limit to how much fuel you can add per pulsewidth. In other words, it increases your volumetric flow rate. I've given you plenty to think about, now go look up all the terms that don't make sense to you on howstuffworks.com, since that's what I had to do to learn stuff. You're not gonna get information unless you look for it. We here on the forum don't really have enough time to write a paper on how stuff works, and its a waste of our time when the information's already available somewhere else. Just go look for it.

Thanx for the info but not for being a dick, first off this site is for info and learnig about swaps and all thats why its called hondaswap not honda no info, second of all just cause you dont know about an injector doesnt mean you dont know any thing or cant build an engine third if your fuel flows more that means its flowing better cause more is better depending on engine setup. I said flow thinking you would understand but guess you didnt. Thats why I said change them when and with what setup cause I want to know what to use so it will be fueled right and not screw nothing up. Im on this site to learn not to tell other people to go to another site cause I dont want to tell them. "chill out" :slap:

I'm not being a dick, I'm just saying there's a lot more information to be had elsewhere, coming from bonafide sources. Try RC engineering's website, or MSD's website. That's where I found all my information. And as for flowing fuel better, this is simply not true. You figure out how much fuel you need to flow, and then choose an injector based on that. Don't be a dick to me, as I'm trying to answer your question for you. It's hondaswap, and if you were asking what type of injectors might be good for such and such a setup, you will probably get a bunch of recomendations on this site. Lots of well informed people on here. For the basics, readw the FAQ's or just do some good ol' fashion research.

Back