injectors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRTURBO

was just wondering if $285 shipped for a set of rc 550s was a good price? and that size injector would be topping out at about 400-450 hp correct? thanks for any help ahead of time

Originally posted by GSRTURBO@Mar 25 2004, 08:21 AM
was just wondering if $285 shipped for a set of rc 550s was a good price? and that size injector would be topping out at about 400-450 hp correct? thanks for any help ahead of time

400-450hp is about right for 550cc's
im boosting my GSR too :D

i dont know about that website. for 400 hp it was saying i need about 787 cc injectors. seems ALOT bit high to me. I have an equation around here somewhere ill see if i can find it

Injector size in lbs/Hr = Expected HP x BSFC / # of injectors

use .55 for BSFC(BrakeSpecificFuelConsumption)

To convert Inj.'s to CC's=[(Inj size in lb/Hrx454)/60]/.75

that equation was a little better. like i said, with the website one, i plugged everything in and it came out as needing 721 injectors. :blink: In hellbents equation, for 400 hp, injector size came out to 554.88, so some 550s should do me just right. :D but rc 550s new for $285, good deal, or does anyone here know a cheaper place to get em?

Originally posted by GSRTURBO@Mar 28 2004, 07:07 PM
but rc 550s new for $285, good deal, or does anyone here know a cheaper place to get em?

thats funny. you're prob looking at the same 550's on ebay that i am, there's 2 'Buy It Now's. i think that's about the best price anywhere for one of the better aftermarket brand injectors.
you buy 1 and ill buy the other.. :D

Back