1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

injectors

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by GSRTURBO, May 19, 2004.

1. GSRTURBO

GSRTURBO Member

great, i just got my injectors for my built gsr turbo motor. Brand spanking new Rc 550s. Problem - I got peak and hold injectors and need Saturated. didnt even think to check. Isnt this fun? Any ideas??

2. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

actually it isnt that bad...alls you have to do is wire in a injector resistor pack from an 0bd-0 car. or....send the injectors back and get saturated, but most people convert over to peak and hold...

3. beerbongskickass

beerbongskickass Senior Member

Call whoever you bought them from and return them for saturated injectors, get a resistor box from a CRX, or install resistors form radio shack.

4. GSRTURBO

GSRTURBO Member

aren't i supposed to run saturated high imp. injectors with a resistor box? im looking for 350-400 hp...?

5. beerbongskickass

If your going for that much horsepower just get some 750cc injectors. They aren't too much more than the 550cc injectors.

6. GSRTURBO

GSRTURBO Member

#1 saturated 750s? (with a resistor box (say out of a prelude), or do you only use a resistor box when you use peak and hold injectors?

#2 which is better?

#3 Will a hondata have trouble with idle using rc 750s?

#4 thanks alot for the help

#5 anyone want some rc 550s??

7. GSRTURBO

GSRTURBO Member

i havent spent enough time learning about injectors... :spin:

8. beerbongskickass

Here are the prices for RC injectors... http://www.rceng.com/prices.htm Your honda uses saturated injectors so if you have peak and hold injectors you will need to install a resistor box. I don't think it really matters too much if you use peak and hold or saturated. Hondata/Uberdata shouldn't have any troubles idling 750cc injectors. I have a buddy that has used hondata and uberdata on his car and he was able to run like 880cc or something like that just fine.

9. ndogg

ndogg Member

i run 880s with uberdata just fine. if you can... get the high impedence injectors. they are much better that rigging in resistors. as of now, rc makes a 750 high impedence... and that is the largest one made. i woudn't try to run 550s at 400 hp though.

10. GSRTURBO

GSRTURBO Member

so basically if i use saturated injectors, i dont need a resistor box. If i use peak and hold injectors, i need a resistor box. Correct?

I found 4 new rc 750s - saturated injectors, high resistance (approx. 12 - 16) for 320 :D

11. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

correct...

i'm using 550's peak hold with radio shack 10ohm resistors wired inline. hondata.com has a diagram on how to wire in your resistors if you need to do so.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted