inline FPR broke my pump

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
so my cousin brought me a bosch inline fpr.....to adj my fuel press because the chip is putting my fuel psi @60....

anyway.....can i put the FPR on the fuel return line and leave the stock FPR on the rail....????????

well thats what i did and before i got to adj the psi the engine tuned off..( it jumped to about 90)..and would not start so i took out the plugs and cranked the engine to expel the extra fuel....but it still wont start...

fuck i hope i did not fuck it up....lol

any comments are welcome....

well i put everything back to normal....and now my fuel pump wont turn on.....FUCK....no fuel pressure at the gauge on top of the filter.....

alright tank is down and fuel pump works....something is keeping it from turning on.....i almost want to put the pump on a switch...lhowever i dont know if i need a relay or not

this is so wierd...all i did was put on a damn FPR on the return line....i love this shit

so is the switch for the pump a bad idea? do i need a realy?

why are you listening to your cousin he is a dsm head.
dont put a fpr on your return line
i know some people that did do a switch for thier fuel pump and they didnt use relay and didnt have any problems

so the inline fpr goes on a line from the end of the rail?...
tommorrow im puting the pump on a switch...any draw backs to this?

Originally posted by formby@Jul 2 2005, 09:18 PM
[post=519889]Quoted post[/post]​

i would say it goes inbetween your fuel filter and fuel rail. but I am just taking a wild guess at that not sure which one you have.

try the switch and see if that helps with the pump

you know...i was thinking about that so i checked under the dash and the fuse outline did not have a place for the pump fuse so i checked under the hood and no fuse for the pump ther either....its a 91 crx dx

Originally posted by ripperbone+Jul 2 2005, 10:22 PM-->
@Jul 2 2005, 09:18 PM
[post=519889]Quoted post[/post]​

i would say it goes inbetween your fuel filter and fuel rail. but I am just taking a wild guess at that not sure which one you have.
[post=519892]Quoted post[/post]​

What? NO!!! A FPR goes between the fuel rail and the fuel return line...NOT between the filter and the rail!!!!!

yeah what he said. LOOK at where the stock regulator is. At the end of the rail with a return line coming off of it.

why in the hell would you try and fix a hack with another hack...

your chip obviously sucks ass...
if you're gonna run a fpr you should at least get the right one...

get rid of the chip, or get it fixed...

hack on top of hack is inviting more problems...

you can put a switch to your fuel pump with no relay but i would avoid that at all costs... you will forget to turn it off sooner or later and kill your battery and possibly fry your pump...

Originally posted by whiteLS+Jul 2 2005, 10:49 PM-->
i think its fuse 14 inside
[post=519909]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks ill check
Blanco
@Jul 2 2005, 11:28 PM
How's your main relay?
[post=519931]Quoted post[/post]​

so i changed the the main fuel relay and the damn pump still wont turn on....and the banjo fitting ontop of the tank wont go on the way its supposed to.

..i plan on finishing this on sat....but as you can see i have been avoiding the rex....i still dont understand why it wont turn on

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jul 6 2005, 08:49 AM
why in the hell would you try and fix a hack with another hack...

your chip obviously sucks ass...
if you're gonna run a fpr you should at least get the right one...

get rid of the chip, or get it fixed...

hack on top of hack is inviting more problems...

you can put a switch to your fuel pump with no relay but i would avoid that at all costs... you will forget to turn it off sooner or later and kill your battery and possibly fry your pump...
[post=521374]Quoted post[/post]​

you can set the switch to turn off with the car...thats how I have my fan rigged up

Back