1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inline Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by klyph, Oct 26, 2006.

1. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

I need to install an inline fuel pump in my 78 CVCC, and I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion on a good brand to go with. Also, for the inline pump, should i buy an adjustable pressure regulator, or use the stock regulator off the 89 'teg?

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

msd makes a good one

3. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

ZEX also sells a nice inline fuel pump.

4. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Sweet what would u suggest for regulating fuel pressure? Aftermarket or stock 'teg? Will the stocker work properly with the inline pump?

5. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

walboro makes the best inline fuel pumps. you can get a 255lph pump and instal kit for 99 bucks. you will need most likely a diff pressure reg. you should probably just get an oem pump...espically if you dont have any mods. go to Classic Honda's :: 1stgencivic.com they have links to sites where you can get oem stuff. they also have a link to 2nd gen civic .com incase they dont have what you need. my winter car is an 84 civic wagon so i know what you are in;)

6. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Thanks, I'm already a member at firstgencivics. I'm posting this question here because I'm swapping a D16A1 integra engine into the civic, hence the need for higher pressure (PGMFI). What i was asking was if i can use the stock pressure regulator out of the integra in the CVCC if it's running an inline pump. I assumed that it would work, but i thought i would post the question in case anyone has had problems with their stock fuel pressure regulator after installing an aftermarket pump. So, unless anyone says boo, I'm gonna try and run the stock reg. If it doesn't work, I guess I'll get an aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Thoughts?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted