InLine or InTank fuel pump? ? ? ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolLess16

alright i tried searching nothing came up, which is better an inline or intank fuel pump, im sure both are better for different purposes but how hard is it to install an intank fuelpump? my mods are in my sig any sugestions are welcome thanks

Not sure as to the benefit of either, I have always ran a intank, easy to install and getst he job done. I figure the inline woudl deal with a fuel cell.

intanks support more, as it replaces the pump it self.

inline is still restricted by the oem pump in the tank.. its just a booster i guess you could say

does it matter for running boost or not , iv heard from a couple people to run intank but not sure , thanks

do you have to drop the fuel tank in order to change? or in the del sol do you access it from underneath the rear panel? thanks

an in tank replacement, such as the walbro, will be more reliable as it is surrounded by all that fuel to cool it.
inline is still restricted by the oem pump in the tank.. its just a booster i guess you could say

when installing an expternal pump, why on God's green earth would you leave the stock pump in the tank? external pumps are generally only needed when running severely high fuel pressure needs such as say 40 pounds of boost.

Originally posted by SolLess16@Jan 21 2004, 12:39 AM
do you have to drop the fuel tank in order to change? or in the del sol do you access it from underneath the rear panel? thanks

rip out the rear plastics and youll see a kidney shaped panel ... take that off and youll see the mount assembly for the fuel pump
umbolt that and pull the pump out SLOWLY (so you dont get fuel all over the place)

then just swap the pumps and drop it all back in

hey guys thanks for all the input , this was alot easier than expected

Back