input on dirt track swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joedirttrack

i need some input on my dirt track build. its an eg hatch ,track is a med banked usually dryslick 3/8 mile. was thinkin on the lines of a b16a2 , just to keep wheelspin down comin off the corners,but also like the xtra tq. of ls/vtec.not really sure on what tranny would b best.top speeds aroun 60-65... throw me some ideas.. thanx

Welcome to HondaSwap!

First thing you might post up are the limitations you have to run by in your rule book...

b16s are peaky little motors, you have to keep them revved up. a b18c1 (gsr) would be better, more power for sure. but really i would think gearing would almost be more important that horsepower in circle track.

rules..

RULES....run what ya bring ..tech consists of open hood look for power adders..mostly saftey issues, thanks.

class

the class is called fwd mini stocks,...oops forgot chassis has to b stock,biggest compettition is a stock bottom end ls/vtec w gsr head,cams.n a 96 coupe...the lil z6 just dont cut it anymore..lmao

i would one up that guy with a b20vtec that has some regrind cams and figure out which trans gives you the best gear ratio for the track

Back