Input Please?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Placer

Doing a new-ish stereo setup in my car. 94 EX with the stock deck and speakers, none of them are blown out or anything . . . I was thinking about just replacing the rear and door speakers with some Alpine type S speakers, no amps or subs or anything, and retaining the stock deck for an OEM look. Thoughts?

The only reason I even want to replace them is because I kinda like to listen to my sh** loud when I'm cruisin around with no one else on the road. Then again who doesn't. My price range is unde 300$, want some nice door and rear speakers that wont overload the stock deck. Any info would be appreciated.

i would just amplify the stock speakers if it were me. theyll be louder, and clearer. far less distortion as well. jam on that for a while, and when the stockers finally do blow, replace em.

I agree. The stock stereo in reality puts out less than 10 watts. Your new speakers are going to demand MORE power than the stock speakers, so you'll be more likely to blow them out by "listening to your shit loud".

In other words, it's not the speakers that allow you to listen to music loud. It's the source.

To add a 4 channel amp to your stock deck is going to require a line out converter which is more money and more complication than it's worth just to keep the oem look. And it will never sound as good as a decent aftermarket deck.

get new deck. ( put where cd / tape deck is) and then the alpines.

Back