Inside out paint job...COLORPROS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

colorpros

Will this car belongs to a guy in South Carolina.....THis is just some prep work and pics of the bodywork...Will be srpaying the inside this week and the outside next week..Will post more progress pics.....

gallery_9712_257_108836.jpg

gallery_9712_257_6659.jpg

gallery_9712_257_101517.jpg

gallery_9712_257_20795.jpg

gallery_9712_257_85091.jpg

gallery_9712_257_63250.jpg

gallery_9712_257_3584.jpg

Looks cool, lotsa fun eh.......

Are you guys gonna remove the dash befor painting the inside.

Originally posted by UDT@Apr 6 2005, 08:01 AM
Looks cool, lotsa fun eh.......

Are you guys gonna remove the dash befor painting the inside.
[post=483566]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah loads of fun....I think we will just tape it off

i want a paint booth :(
and a welding station :(
and a metal fab shop :(
and a lift :(
and stuff

hehe

can't wait to see the finished paint!

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 6 2005, 09:58 AM
lookin good, lots of prep there

prob be faster to pull the dash than tape it, just my opinion...
[post=483597]Quoted post[/post]​

Ive thought the same thing....

Originally posted by formby@Apr 6 2005, 10:02 AM
how much is the job? and what color? anything under the hood?
[post=483599]Quoted post[/post]​

Painting the same color....

Between $2500 and $3000

damn, if you're GOOD thats cheap cheap.... dirt cheap

good guys by me get 3K for just the exterior...
but he did paint for ferrari for some time... :shrug2:

Between $2500 and $3000

wow did you have to repair anything or is that just the paint job?

recked you posted just b4 i did and you think thats cheap? im not going to pay anywhere near that. granted i will be doing most of the prep work but still thats alot of money

Originally posted by PhyRe@Apr 6 2005, 12:38 PM
Between $2500 and $3000

wow did you have to repair anything or is that just the paint job?

recked you posted just b4 i did and you think thats cheap? im not going to pay anywhere near that. granted i will be doing most of the prep work but still thats alot of money
[post=483682]Quoted post[/post]​

Well then your not getting as much work done so it wouldnt cost as much..

:werd:

A good paint job with prep should be at least 2500. If they aren't charging that much you should know its going to come out like shit.

If it has dings and dents more like $3k.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 6 2005, 07:36 AM
i want a paint booth :(
and a welding station :(
and a metal fab shop :(
and a lift :(
and stuff

hehe

can't wait to see the finished paint!
[post=483582]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: and :werd:

all my stuff gets done in house...
i know you can get it done for much cheaper...
my hatch ran me about 500 in supplies, i did all the work including body work, all prep, a few coats of primer and sanding the primer...
then i had a friend spray the base and clear...

i had way too many hours in that car to have a run in the clear or base...
i'll prob try spraying my truck first.. if its fucked, ooh well, try again...

but any one thats a real professional will charge you a few G's for a paint job...
we're talking prep, numerous coats of primer, more coats of base, and a shit load coats of clear, with wet sanding between coats and then the whole thing gets wet sanded and buffed and you end up with a paint job that rivals a ferrari and looks 10 feet deep...
like glass...

i could never bring myself to spend 3K on a paint job unless the car had at least 20x that in it...

and the above is complete prep and paint of exterior and interior...
thats hours upon hours upon hours or prep, and even longer for spraying...

damn that is cheap, do you have a fleet of illegal aliens working for you? :ph34r:

[post=483677]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
why go through all that work painting the car inside and out if hes staying with the same color?
[post=484752]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

That's what I was thinking, if you're gonna pay that much and completely strip it you would think the guy was getting a color change. Doesn't make any sense to me. Car looks pretty naked though. :D Anyway, I am kind of at the same point with a car that I have so I'll take pics and all that. It will be from multicolored to emerald green, or bright red, or a tangerine type of color. I am kinda unsure atm.

why didn't you use a hammer and dollys or a slide hammer to knock the dents out instead of fiberglass/bondoing the hell out of it?

Originally posted by hybridsol@Apr 8 2005, 10:21 PM
why didn't you use a hammer and dollys or a slide hammer to knock the dents out instead of fiberglass/bondoing the hell out of it?
[post=485017]Quoted post[/post]​

I did...thats called finishing putty....All the dents where pulled with a stud gun...And if you know anything about paint and body you would know it would be imposible tho get a hammer and dolly on most of those dents...And if your good enough to hammer and dolly a dent out without using any putty then your the man....But whatever im doing must work becuase out of the 6 yrs ive been open Ive had one come back....ANd if your using a slide hammer your way outdated....I would never drill hundreds of holes in any of the cars I do....

Back