Inside out paint job...COLORPROS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud guns are the shit. I'm gonna buy one before summer.

I know that price is cheap, but I'm cheaper. I do it myself. I love painting cars and bikes. It's the prep work that sucks.
my hatch ran me about 500 in supplies, i did all the work including body work, all prep, a few coats of primer and sanding the primer...
then i had a friend spray the base and clear...

See, now that doesn't make much sense to me. You do all the hard work, just to deny yourself the end result. I'd rather fuck up and learn, which I have. Then scrub it down and shoot it again, it's still cheaper, and runs are easy to fix.

You can masking-tape off runs easily, y0....

nothing's more fun than painting your car yourself...

:D

you only post when your trying to advertise your shop, the only time i have ever talked to you i asked you a question about painting my car and you acted like an asshole. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: for you dude. go whore out your shop on honda tech like you already have. by the way your prices suck too, plenty of excellent painters in my area charge half what you do. im sure your reply to that is they arent as good as you huh.

he might have been an ass to you but did he do a good job - prices are prices if you dont like them go some where else -

See, now that doesn't make much sense to me. You do all the hard work, just to deny yourself the end result. I'd rather fuck up and learn, which I have. Then scrub it down and shoot it again, it's still cheaper, and runs are easy to fix.

lol
makes a lot of sense to me...
my friend is pretty good at spraying, this is the third time we painted my hatch, and each time it gives him more practice...

the paint alone ran about 200+ for a gallon, plus 100 for the clear, etc etc etc
there was no way in hell i was gonna chance it by spraying it myself... this would have been the first time i ever sprayed base and clear, and i dunno about you but i put so many hours into the body work i didn;t wanna fuck it up
and i needed the car done then, not half way done and then have to resand the entire thing...

my prep and his spraying turned out MINT, so i have absolutely no complaints except the fucking car disappeared a month later... :shrug2:

i also wanted to give him more practice as he will be spraying my integra, the paint for that runs upwards of 175 A QUART... more practice now means i won;t have to buy more paint for the teg in the long run...

i'll spray my beater truck, or my crx, but i'm not gonna have my first experience with something that needs to be done right the first time...

ANd if your using a slide hammer your way outdated....I would never drill hundreds of holes in any of the cars I do....

you still need to use a slide hammer even if you are using a stud gun...???
i got my stud gun for 100 bucks, it works great but the slide hammer that comes with it is a piece of shit...
PM me if you wanna know where to get the stud gun...
big names ones run dumb $$$, and mine was only 100 and i have no compaints, except for the slide hammer....

you only post when your trying to advertise your shop, the only time i have ever talked to you i asked you a question about painting my car and you acted like an asshole. for you dude. go whore out your shop on honda tech like you already have. by the way your prices suck too, plenty of excellent painters in my area charge half what you do. im sure your reply to that is they arent as good as you huh.

why come in his thread and flame him...?

i read it - just because he isnt friendly to you dosnt have any thing to do with the work he does- seems to me like he most likly does better job than my rattle can did lol but any ways - its called buisness cannot be nice to every one - and he has the right to come advertise what he is doing if he wants - ! to him he is getting payed to do what most of us call projects!

What paint are you using? for 175.xx it must be REAL nice. When my bro painted mine i paid like 20 a qt for house of kolor jet black.

hmm... PPG lambo paint, tri-coat or tri-stage bull shit... lots of red and orange pearl in the paint too... so...$$$

the 175 is actually for 2 quarts... 1 white as a base, then the top base coat...
clear not included in that price...

i was originally gonna do chameleon, but then i realized it would be a huge mistake, and fell or the chameleon horse...

so the first paint job my hatch got was with chameleon paint...(waste of huge $$$)
did not turn out well at all, and it was redone to a white in the front faded to blue in the rear... and then the last paint job was a mazeratti baby blue.. it was perty...
i wish i took pics before it got stoled...

i guess you didnt read what i said to not know.

i read what you wrote, but why not handle it in the original thread or PM...
i have no dealings with the guy but i like to see what he's got going on and what he's doing...

and werd, he's getting paid for the shit i do for the love of my cars...
i want your job :)

:werd:

And props to those that do themselves. I meant no disrespect to reckedracing. None at all. The learning curve is a gradual thing, and I don't take risks on big dollar jobs either. Backup is a necessity, until you learn what is needed. I learned on 2-500 dollar jobs, and fucked up. You learn as you go. Each experience is actually fun, because it's new, but only because they are inexpensive. :)

Back