Instalation of a gas tank on an 95 mustang

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wido

maybe someone on here can help me.. i like to do all my own work on my car (95 mustang) and right now i'm about to put on a new gas tank.. i was wondering if anyone might have some advise for me to help thigs go a lil smoother... thanks for you time.. ~Later~

haha, but realy just use a floor jack when you undo the bolts to lower it down with and i whould empty all the gas in the tank that you can first

LOl thanks but i was looking for a way that was a lil less distructive...

Fuck that, my old roommate took the gas tank off of his old enduro car with a fucking blow torch... in the middle of the race track.... w/ 1/2 tank of fuel.... no protection.... me and one crew member behind him with extinguishers.

Since we dont have too many, if any, Mustang people on here, id suggest searching for a Helms manual. If you cannot find one, order one or visit a auto parts store and read it there... or a library. You should be able to disconnect it from the filler neck, undo the straps and it SHOULD come right out. I know thats how it is on a taurus. Maybe another bolt or two around the tank meets the car.

duct-tape%5B3%5D.jpg
http://wickedstageact2.typepad.com/...ldTogetherWithDuctTape_12787/duct-tape[3].jpg

All gas tanks have the following points:

Electrical connections to the pump. Electrical connection to the sender (in the tank)
Filler neck. This has a hose at the end of it (It pops off)
2 fuel lines. Larger one out, smaller one in. There may be a filter on either of these to watch out for.
Straps.

The straps will drop the tank. But you have to undo everything else first, or else when you drop the straps, it will rip all that shit out.

Most filler necks are easiest undone from the filler cap end.

You shouldn't need a jack.

Back