Installed New Brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
Well, I'm a dumb ass for not taking any photos. but I installed new brake hardware on all four corners or my 91 crx. for brake hardware I bought

for the front: Hawk/HPS pads and brembo blanks
for the rear: oem replacement shoes and new drums

I'm also very glad I decided to do the rear shoes and drums (75k miles on the car and I was placing bets that no ones ever changed them before) Those engineers over at honda had there thinking caps on when designing the brake system. I'm so greatful for the 8mm bolt holes availiable to pry the rear drum off of the hub as it was pretty much glued in place from 12 years of rust.

Further inspection revealed after removing the hardware the shoes had about 1/16" on linning left and the drums were worn pretty down pretty as well. Also I was able to do the rear drums without removing the hub, less shit to disassemble. Note to self when re-assembling the rear shoe assembly don't make the fucking slave cylinder pop out the little piston and spill brake fluid everywhere, besides making a mess, now I've got to bleed the fucking brakes.

The front rotor and caliper assebly was a breeze to remove. Also I took some preventive actions and coated all mating surfaces and threads with neverseize.

:cliffs:
To make a long story short. Braking distance has decreased at least by 10-20%, pedal feels alot firmer, and the ebrake engages at about 6 clicks.

Good work man. :thumbsup:

I need to change the rear brakes on the truck, and bleed the Civic's brakes...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 10 2004, 10:31 AM
sweet. jsut in time for winter to lock them up :) heeh
[post=414642]Quoted post[/post]​

um not this year, I have a truck to drive for the winter.

your ebrake doesnt matter much, as it can easily be adjusted by a screw(usually) on the back of the ebrake lever.

Back