installing 60 trim t3/t04e in b18c problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gsrchad

ok, so i have a b18c in my 95 civic coupe.....
i installed a full length radiator with the engine.
i just recently bought a 28 inch front mount intercooler and exhaust manifold for my turbo and a t3/t04e with a .63 a/r and a 60 trim..

My grandpa and I tried to bolt up the turbo, but the fan for the radiator was in the way, so we moved the fan over. then the block was in the way, so i grinded down part of the block. then i got even closer, but it still rubs on the block. this part of the block scares me because i dont know what is behind it....its the first protrusion after the first indent on the stamp thats labeled b18c....
my question, if i get say another (have 2 on at the same time, or do they have ultrathick ones) gasket to help push out the manifold and/or shave off a hair on the turbo would that hurt and thing... or could i also just shave a hair off the block.....
ill try to get pics of the area im talking about....but i dont have the computer with the proper pics in it to show you...

lose the teg radiator. a civic half sized is fine. that will give you all the room you need.

also, consider a slim fan if its still in the way. iw oudln't go any more on the block.

The del sol VTEC radiator will give you the same cooling capacity as the full length Integra radiator, while only taking up the same space as the stock Civic radiator..

which way is your compressor housing pointed? towards the passenger side? why don't you flip the turbo so the compressor housing is pointed to the driverside, unless you have a downpipe made already for it to go the other way...

The part you had to grind on is just webbing to the block. With most of the turbo manifolds out there, you have to cut a good part of that piece off. Here is a pic describing which piece I am talking about just so there is no confusion on what to cut on the block.
pic of what to cut

Also, since it isn't my pic, here is the link to where the pic came from drag turbo install on h-t

Also, if the fan is out of the way and you already have the radiator in, I don't know why you should replace it with anything else :shrug2:

Back