installing a tech

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DjMcPhatty

ok so heres the deal, i got a tach for christmas. It's a autometer sport compact 5" one, so anywayz i went to install it no big deal right....so i run the power, ground, lights, and tach sensor....well i read online at some webpage that did a tach installation walk through that i could wire the tach wire to the a blue wire on the drivers side that has a plug on it. I wired it there and the tach read a little bit over 2x what it should. Now im stumped.... I have both the orange and brown wires cut on the back of the tach (to calibrate it for 4 cyl.), and everything else works, i also tried today to run it off the dist....same thing reads a little bit over 2x. Any ideas?

Hey Man

Well you got the right wire blue in a single pin plug on the drivers side fender What prolly happened is that maby you cut the wrong wire on the tach and it is reading it as being a V-8 so check that the tach is set properly but other than that i have no idea. The tach that is in my car has a switch to select the # of cyl's. GOOD LUCK

Back