installing B&M short shifter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

For some reason the lithium grease that you're supposed to use was not in the box! Is it important to use lithium grease, or can I use motor oil instead? Suggestions.

Also, the instructions say to install the rubber washers differently depending on if you want a race car feel, or not. The difference is just installing two rubber washers on the drivers side of the shifter and one on the passengers side, or the other way around. So...which way should I install them. LoL Sounds silly to me

Originally posted by truoss@Jan 4 2005, 07:19 PM
For some reason the lithium grease that you're supposed to use was not in the box! Is it important to use lithium grease, or can I use motor oil instead? Suggestions.

Also, the instructions say to install the rubber washers differently depending on if you want a race car feel, or not. The difference is just installing two rubber washers on the drivers side of the shifter and one on the passengers side, or the other way around. So...which way should I install them. LoL Sounds silly to me
[post=441139]Quoted post[/post]​

Get the lithium grease- just run down to AutoZone and pick some up for a few bucks. The motor oil is going to get nasty after a few miles, and it's not thick enough to properly lube the bushings.

I've got no clue on how to install the washers.

too bad, you should of gotten the B&M shifter pro edge, it replaces everything, just bolt it up, and your done, i holds the shifter in teflon bushings and it will definitly give yout that race feel, anyways, like dude, said above, just get the grease from autozone. and for the mounting of it, just install it the same way as you took it out, but in reverse of course, good luck

Back