Installing D16y7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seantrain

Alright, bare with me on this one please. I recently bought a 00' civic and just had the engine rebuilt entirely. It's just about all stock (which makes me cry on the inside in the perfect situation to get all the goodies) except for the clutch, internals, distributor cap and other typical things to replace, thus making the engine brand new. Anyhow, I have it hooked up to the transmission and motor mounts, but this is where my expertise ends. I've installed countless motors to this point by myself, and helped with the next steps as well, but never alone. I'm too excited to let this thing sit because no one will help me, so I'm doing it myself. I'm fairly educated with the next steps, but just never done it solo. It's just the motor, so I will be installing the starter, alternator, AC, etc. If anyone would be so kind as of to give me any pointers through experience, that would be great. For example, common problems and such. I have the book and will be searching for an online tutorial for safety purposes, but I know that the hands on junkies are the ones to come to. I'll be checking this all day at work tomorrow, so I will be able to answer any questions.

Sorry for long post and thanks in advance to anyone who has any advice.

After some sleep, I realize how ridiculous my post was. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any online pictorial guides or common things you've personally run into like having to beat a specific part with a wooden mallet to line the bolts up.

Back