Installing fuel pump kill switch..car wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16CRX

This is in a 91 CRX Si....

I checked the harness for the power wire. Found it then proceeded to solder a wire into the black wire that did not have power (I have 4 wires: yellow/black stripe, yellow, black/silver stripe, and black/silver dots). I cranked teh car on, flipped the switch and the car continued to run. Flipped it the otehr way, it still ran. Spliced into the black/silver dots wire and went through the same procedure. It did not cut the car off.

I got fed up with soldering and unsoldering wires (I'm a lazy dumbass..I know), so I decided to jump a wire from teh switch to the connectors for the remaining yellow wire. It sparked and the car cut off and hasnt started back up since. When you turn the key "on" the fuel pump does not pressurize the system.

Whast teh problem? Fuel pump blown? Main relay fried? I tried replaceing the small relay that is just behind the Hood release to no avail.

Also, could teh reason it shorted out be due to me jumping the wire while it was running? Should I solder the wires together at all times to avoid that (in other words: if I solder to that wire, once I fix this problem, will it still short something out)??

TIA!!!

sounds like you probably crossed a power to ground and blew a fuse. check all your fuses.

be more careful next time :)

All fuses are fine and tehre is no fuse for the fuel system at all -_-

I tried to replace the small relay behind teh hood release and it didnt do anything. Car still turns over but no fire...

Now I have narrowed it down to the Main relay because I checked the wires at the service cover and they are not getting power. I will be hopefully replacing the main relay tomorrow to see if that fixes it. If it doesnt and it is indeed the fuel pump....I have a walboro 255lph being overnighted to me as we speak. Should be here tomorrow.

Originally posted by B16CRX@Dec 8 2004, 11:34 PM
All fuses are fine and tehre is no fuse for the fuel system at all -_-

I tried to replace the small relay behind teh hood release and it didnt do anything. Car still turns over but no fire...

Now I have narrowed it down to the Main relay because I checked the wires at the service cover and they are not getting power. I will be hopefully replacing the main relay tomorrow to see if that fixes it. If it doesnt and it is indeed the fuel pump....I have a walboro 255lph being overnighted to me as we speak. Should be here tomorrow.
[post=429001]Quoted post[/post]​

lemme know if the main relay fixes it, my rex is doing the same damn thing

there is a fuse for it. i remember when i did the same thing. i crossed a power to ground and popped the alternator fuse. got a check engine light and fuel pump wouldnt prime. checked all my fuses and found that i popped one. replaced it and everything was fine. i thought it was the main relay at first too, but that wasnt it. it was a fuse. just check them to eliminate the option.

Back