installing gauges

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zap45

i just bought a tach gauge. it got a red green and black wire. i know where this wires go to but i do i have to tap into the ecm to connect the wires
thanks guys

ep,just splice into the powere and ground for the ecu,,and then the green splice into the signal wire on the dizzy,,

the gauge i bought has five wires red ,green, black, black, red
i lost the manual. it one of those seven color gauges

ground both blacks and run the green to the dizzy and one of the reds probably needs to be hooked up on a power supply that turns on by the key switch and the other run it straight to a constant power i do believe

well i does have a button on the front of the gauge

dude go to autozone they hook up tach's for free if you buy one so ask one of the dudes to do it for you give him 10 bucks or something

i just bought a tach gauge. it got a red green and black wire. i know where this wires go to but i do i have to tap into the ecm to connect the wires
thanks guys

take the bezel off the instrument cluster....theres a big plug on the back, pull it out.....splice your tach signal wire (green)into the BLUE wire on that plug. even if a factory tach isnt there honda still wired one in..dont worry bout the dizzy. ive done this on both my hatches..piece of cake

Back