Installing Oil Pressure line

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolidDreamz

Well i got laid off from work (Yay 4 workmans Comp) and im bored so i was gonna install my oil pressure line on my gs-r. I was looking for a place to mount the stock sender and the gauge sender but it looks looks like i have to go behind and above the I.M.

Any mounting point sugestions?
I was wondering if i run my line straight up will that create a pressure problem?
Was wondering how and if i need to bleed this thing?
Does the stock harness just pull off from the sender attatched to block next to oil filter?
Any1 know what tool i need to take stock sender off? Looks like a special socket.

Im running a 2ft s.s. line from block to a "t" with both senders on left and right.
Looks like i'll have to make the stock sender wire harness longer to mount elsewhere.

Sorry 4 all the questions and i appreciate any help, thanks.

the stock sensor is like a 21mm, Just put a wrench on it. No you don't have to bleed it, No there will be no problems running it verical (it's pressurized) Yes the wiring just pulls off the sensor. Mines mounted behind the Im on the fire wall. Also make sure you are using a BSPT fitting in the block and not an NPT.

Back