Installing Rc Injectors...i Am Getting Mad

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importimage

I am have a very tought time installing my injectors. I have the correct seal rings that go into the intake manifold from the dealership and a set of 550 RC injectors. I have lubed up the seal ring and around the injector base and the bastards are really hard...actually impossible to squeeze in. Obviously the stock injectors fit fine. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to get them in. So far, I would rank RC Injectors a shitty score on fittament!

:bash:

First off, what kind of intake is this from? I'm assuming off a 94 up integra okay? Do you have both the injector seal ring and the injector insulator? If you do, make sure that the seal ring goes on first then the insulator last. I've never heard of similar problems with RC's or any problem for that matter with the company. I would just make sure you are getting the injectors for the application you requested or the right o-rings that you specified to the dealer. Just because them parts guys work for the dealer doesn't mean they know anything about the engine or the parts. (Sad). It's not tricky and be careful not to scratch the rings during your forced installation. Remember, if it doesn't fit right then it's probably not the correct part. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by lsvtec hatch93@Jun 22 2003, 11:31 PM
use a dremel tool

OMG please dont try to do this until you have expended all other resources..........you could make a huge fitment prob on your car

I got them in. I used "No Smoke" lube which works awesome. I still say that RC has to do some custom applications to ease the installation for the user. :spin:

Back