installing suspension.. how to??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok.. i just recently bought some different suspension and i'm ready to swap it out.. but, since i've never actually done suspension before i'm kinda unsure of what exactly to unbolt and whatnot. . i'd rather not unbolt a bunch of shit that i dont need to.. i tried searching around here but came up with nothing.. sooo, if anyone can help or has a write-up w/ pics.. i would be much appreciative

i assume that you are installing the tenzo/tokico setup from your other thread.

the rears can go on either side but the fronts should line up with your brake lines, just look at how it is already on the car.

1. unbolt the top hat bolts that are in the trunk (2 on each)
leave the top hat bolts on the fronts for now
2. take out the inner most rear control arm bolts as well as the bottom of the shock bolts
3. that should allow you to drop the assembly out
4. install new units the reverse order
fronts
1. remove the bolts from the brake lines first
2. remove bolt from the top of the forks that holds the shock
3. remove lower bolt from the fork
4. remove fork, the shock should still be connected at the top so it hasnt moved yet
5. remove top hat bolts on the engine bay and the assembly should drop out at this point
6. now install the front assemblies but dont put the forks on until the shock is secured in the car.
7. make sure when you slide the fork back on that the bolt is through the indentation on the shock
this is how i have done all of my installs other peoples might be different, it would really help if you had a friend.

Last edited:
Back