Installing the crank w/ engine still in car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmtcrxsir

Im having a hard time installing the crank in the engine. I know its alot easier to take the engine out and put it on a engine stand. But im not going that direction. Is there anyone here who ever took their crankshaft out without taking the whole engine out of car?

Why are you going in that direction. It does not take much time to pull it and then the job becomes much easier. I will presume you are going to plastigage it, so you have to do it a couple of times.

Cleaning the area with shit dripping on me is not my idea of fun. On a risk/reward ratio you are in the risk area. I do not like the idea of possibly nicking a pin or main. Have you removed the header? I think it would be about impossible if not.

:werd:

Take the engine out and flip it upside down. Checking clearances and torquing stuff down isn't easy from the bottom.

is replacing the crank with the engine in the car even possible? doesnt sound familiar

Originally posted by hmtcrxsir@Aug 6 2005, 05:54 AM
its possible. Just too much work. And not to mention the limited space in the engine bay
[post=536510]Quoted post[/post]​

if you already knew this, why post about it?

It just seems like it'd be too much work. What about Plasti-gagin' it? You'd have to pull the crank on and off atleast 3 times, and he'd be doing it from undernieth the car... I guess it's possible, but seems like too much work.

Originally posted by scottp11@Aug 7 2005, 05:15 PM
It just seems like it'd be too much work. What about Plasti-gagin' it? You'd have to pull the crank on and off atleast 3 times, and he'd be doing it from undernieth the car... I guess it's possible, but seems like too much work.
[post=537046]Quoted post[/post]​

thats freaking crazy. a ton of work that makes life harder.

Work smarter not harder. Your going to end up either hurting urself, or doing something mechanically wrong while assembling it. My take is to do something right the first time rather than having to re do it

OHH my god....lmfao, I wish i could see that in person....lmao.....Are you asking to f&ck somethin' up or what......

Back