installing v-tec guage in h23 to h22 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

why dont you grow up and answer the question. this forum is here to help ppl...if it ceases to perform that function i have a feeling ppl will be moving elsewhere.

This is why people slam the name of Hondaswap all over the place. The most talented people in the garage spend no time online whatsoever, so don't go thinking that we're big shit on here.

Anyway, to attempt to answer the question: Stickyfusion, We're a bit confused as to what you want to do. The VTEC control wire (From the solenoid) is controlled by the ECU, and that is about it (Without aftermarket crap like VTEC controllers, etc)

The gauge itself doesn't indicate VTEC. So when you go into VTEC it doesn't illuminate a thing. If someone knows the Prelude cluster better than I, please let me know. The Gauge should be able to read high.

Quoted post[/post]]
This is why people slam the name of Hondaswap all over the place. The most talented people in the garage spend no time online whatsoever, so don't go thinking that we're big shit on here.

Anyway, to attempt to answer the question: Stickyfusion, We're a bit confused as to what you want to do. The VTEC control wire (From the solenoid) is controlled by the ECU, and that is about it (Without aftermarket crap like VTEC controllers, etc)

The gauge itself doesn't indicate VTEC. So when you go into VTEC it doesn't illuminate a thing. If someone knows the Prelude cluster better than I, please let me know. The Gauge should be able to read high.

OK, first of all Steve, read this kid's other thread. Me, Tab, Reiko, and a few other people told him he can't use a JDM harness in his car, and listed SEVERAL reasons, and all he did was talk shit and say we're idiots. Second of all, he's talking about a VTEC GAUGE CLUSTER, which has already been comfirmed earlier in the thread. Try reading next time, bud.

some of the poor mirage peeps scan their stock gauge overlays, and print out new ones on some kinda weird paper. totally customizeable that way.

you dont need the VTEC guage cluster...how bout that...just let people think you are CRAZY AS SHIT for revving to 7500 when your red line is way below it. Thats what i do every time i have someone in my car...you should see their eyes. That alone is reason enough not to change the cluster. IF YOU HAVE TO HAVE it...get it off ebay...there is usually someone parting out a 4th gen.

amen lol. Im not changing mine yet cuz i wanna scare some folks by revving it up past redline but when i get mine itll be on ebay.

Quoted post[/post]]

i'm not saying i would do this so don't roast me.... but theoretically......

could you wire in a signal wire to the vtec control wire to create a light similar to a shift light that indicates when vtec is initiated?

i think he just wants to use the guage cluster from the 93-96 Prelude VTEC. From what i read he didnt want a light for when he was in VTEC.

im quite sure it is...just have a wire run to an LED when the solenoid is active.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

i'm not saying i would do this so don't roast me.... but theoretically......

could you wire in a signal wire to the vtec control wire to create a light similar to a shift light that indicates when vtec is initiated?

That's a good point.. because sometimes VTEC can sneak up on you. I mean I drove all day once in VTEC and didn't realise it until I took the rock off the gas pedal.

-> Steve

yes, thats exactly what you do for a mad tite jdm vtec light. splice wire into the green wire from the vtec solenoid, connect it to power part of a led, ground the other.... done.

Back