Instructions On Zc Swap Into Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

does anyone have instruction on a DOHC ZC swap? into a 89 CRX SI...what kind of tranny can i use? can i still use the stock SI tranny and can i still use the stock SI ecu...i need to know the wiring conversion CRX SI to ZC - motor mount wise..i heard it would drop right in but then again, i heard on some models it doesnt drop right in...do i need to change any of the mounts? ..i would appreciate any help to install the DOHC ZC completely and successfully into a 89 CRX SI

Hey man, My buddy has a zc motor actually in his 91 si. He used his stock si tranny and stock mounts w/ his stock ecu. And it bolted straight in actually. It is pretty quick and pulls quite good for a cheap money swap. I have heard of using a 89-90 acura integra ecu for the swap but havne't seen it first hand. I hope that helps.

stock mounts should work, your stock tranny will make the swap go real easy, you can do the ZC tranny but you will need different axels. you can use your stock ecu, but it will not have the same fuel maps as say the 88-89 integra ecu, or the dohc zc ecu. It should use the same wiring as the stock si motor, you may have to extend the tps wires from what i hear, but that is not that big of a deal. I have read articles of people swaping zc's into crx's in a weekend.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Jun 6 2003, 03:47 PM
I have read articles of people swaping zc's into crx's in a weekend.

Yeah my buddy did his in a day and 1/2 and he never has worked on cars, its really simple, like removing old motor and putting a different one in that uses same stuff.

Geee 1000000 Thanx u's :D man this is gonna be about a 1000 swap and worth it ehh wink wink.. So the wiring and everything doesnt have to be modifield? one last question will i still be able to pass smog???

it really shouldn't cost you 1k man.... you can get the longblock from hmotorsonline.com for $525 + shipping. and that's really all you'll need... besides a upper radiator hose from a 86-89 integra and you already have a si so you don't have to do a MPFI conversion. you just use your stock tranny, axles, ecu, mounts... it's really simple... just take out your motor and bolt in the ZC longblock.

Originally posted by IRuffPuppee@Jun 6 2003, 05:55 PM
Geee 1000000 Thanx u's :D man this is gonna be about a 1000 swap and worth it ehh wink wink.. So the wiring and everything doesnt have to be modifield? one last question will i still be able to pass smog???

if you live in cali, no... anywhere else, yes...

the teg ecu makes a big difference on the zc, it has a wider power band you will definately notice a difference

Originally posted by IRuffPuppee@Jun 6 2003, 08:55 PM
So the wiring and everything doesnt have to be modifield?

you will have a couple of minor wiring changes - you will need to switch the round plug on your engine harness to a square one from a DX or switch the round plug from your distributor onto the ZC distributor (be sure to match wires, color for color) - disconnect the blue/green and blue/yellow wires from the round plug on your harness and extend them to the green plug on the ZC CPS which is on the end of the exhaust cam

Back