Insulated Intake Mani Gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondata makes a simmilar product and I have heard good things about it. I know that removing and installing the intake manifold while the engine is in the car is a bitch of a job. Personally, I would only go to the trouble of installing one if I had the motor out, or if i was also swaping the intake manifold.

its not hard to swap a intake manifold with the motor still in.. i've done it several times.. its just a pain in the ass to get to the nuts underneath.. .. i'm running a Hondata IM gasket and i guess it works.. cant really tell too much of a difference

I am about to swap to an H23 mani (JUST paid for it) so the gasket is getting replaced regardless... just wondering if people who spent the dolla on the high tech gaskets noticed any difference, or if I should just go the Honda and get one (my brother is a mech. at Lexus, and knows people at the Honda parts dept. so thats word).

P.S. I will prolly being doing the IM swap at Lexus in my brothers bay, so a full compliment of tools and a 4-post lift should make things easier.

the intake manifold is a lot cooler now than it was before.. so its doing its job, by making the air entering my motor a little cooler

yea me too, just wondering if its worth spending the extra $50 or so over the regular gasket....

Hondata's F22 gasket says its for the VTEC head, just wondering if that gasket will work on the non-vtec heads, and if not does any other company make a gasket that will work.

Back