Insurance

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BallinPrelude

I was just wandering how much most u guys have to pay for ur insurance. I dont know how much longer i can keep the lude my insurance is insane. Right now its 4500, luckily my dad offered to put it in his name so the price will drop to 1200 cuz he has like a perfect record, but the down side is he said that gives him the right to drive it everynow and then...fuck! Is doin that a good idea to save money, what happends if i get pulled over???

mine is about 400 every 3 months, thats under my parents. Unfortunately, I just got a speeding ticket, and I'm fucked

im assuming that your in canada... specificlly BC mabye?? as long as your declared as a 2nd driver on the insurance (its like an extra $80), you'll have no problem then. thats how i do it. the only other way to shrink your insurance is to lower your coverage (for me in bc, to go from $1,000,000 coverage to the standard $300,000) , BUT thats only somewhat of a good idea if you dont have any other assets in your name (ie: another car, house, land.... ect). i should also mention that it may NOT be the best way to go... insurance places try to nail you on that so you'll have to pay the higher prices. you could also look into the different types of insurance (ie: pleasure, business, work.... ) try to play it out with you parents to keep it under their name until you build up a higher discount, even if it means letting your dad use your car.

well actualy im not in canada, im in the U.S.
Would this make a big difference?
Appreciate teh advice.

Why am I seeing the same shitty shit-threads that we have had for 3 months? I knew right when I saw "insurance" that it would ask how much everyone pays. :angry:

farmers tried to raise mine to over $4000 on a damn 97 civic DX so i switched to some shit company and it was $1800 last year, this years its $1600. My ticket goes away in august so it should go down more.

im 17, under my moms name, and pay $650 every 6 months.... for a del sol, whats cool is that it doesn't count as a sports car, just a compact....

Originally posted by vpSPOONsol@May 6 2003, 11:51 PM
im 17, under my moms name, and pay $650 every 6 months.... for a del sol, whats cool is that it doesn't count as a sports car, just a compact....

umm, that would be because a del sol isn't a sports car.

500 a month under my name for full insurance on the lude, and i dont care what anybody says, the insurance company calls it a sports car and their opinion is the one that matters. i have it under my moms name for 100 bucks a month. and no, i'm not a secondary driver.

Originally posted by vpSPOONsol+May 7 2003, 02:04 AM-->
Originally posted by Baker@May 6 2003, 11:53 PM
vpSPOONsol
@May 6 2003, 11:51 PM

umm, that would be because a del sol isn't a sports car.

well people think it is....2 seater, targa top

and you can get a two seater metro convertible, do people think thats a sports car?

Back