Insurance

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got full coverage on both my cars for 600 every 6 months. No tickets, but I have an SR22 still on my record from the state of TN. :(

It's the financial responsibility "assurance" that has to be put on a driver's record when they get a DUI, Driving w/o insurance, or other major vehicular record.

I had "Drag Racing" as a charge against my record on every form from my insurance company since 1999. ;)

Originally posted by 2fastCRX@Jul 24 2003, 10:53 PM
Loco Honkey, who do you have your insurance with?

Progressive.

FWIW, the guy that traded me the AllTrac for my old Civic is 18, has two points, and was paying $360 a month full coverage. Now that he has my old '93 Si hatch, he's paying $400 a YEAR, full coverage.

Go figure.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 25 2003, 12:41 AM
full coverage, $756 a year

That's what I pay yearly for full coverage on the Civic down here in Dallas...

Originally posted by djextremity@Jul 24 2003, 11:36 PM
On a sidenote, 2fast, I work in insurance here in CA. Your best bet is to search out a 'nonstandard' company--Allstate, State Farm, Farmers, those kinds of places are going to be way expensive. You have to go to one of the no-name kinds of ins places that you see on the side of the road with the $29 insurance signs. They'll sell you a policy from a no-name company that will be far cheaper than anything you can get from a big name. Also look into whether your state offers a subsidized type insurance program--CA has CAARP, which is VERY cheap for people who have trouble getting ins from other places.

HTH

I guess I am going to have to look into that. Thanks for the help.

I pay near $6000 pr.year canadian u fuckers!
Im first driver too.

I think its cause im young and i only have my G2

i pay $3480 per year here in SoCal.
i had a lot of points on my record. most of them will be cleared by next year so it'll drop down considerably

I pay 1700 a year for my truck with full coverage and my crx si, which is for some stupid reason considered a sports car.

With some of you guys paying more than $3,000 a year, I don't feel so bad about paying around $1,000 a year.

$3200??? YIKES!!!
Have any of you ever looked into that "extra" (not sure what its called) coverage you can get added onto your premium, kinda like a life insurance policy on your car in case its gets stolen or totalled? My ex g/f just put a SR20det into her 240sx and is looking into the extra coverage so if her car gets totalled she isnt at a total lose on the engine swap.

Originally posted by civicgirlracer97@Jul 25 2003, 10:35 PM
My ex g/f just put a SR20det into her 240sx and is looking into the extra coverage so if her car gets totalled she isnt at a total lose on the engine swap.

:thumbsup: :hitit:

:werd: Chick with car smarts is damn hard to find, its like 3x as hard then finding one without gag reflex besides a fat chick.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jul 26 2003, 01:52 AM
:werd: Chick with car smarts is damn hard to find, its like 3x as hard then finding one without gag reflex besides a fat chick.

:lmao: Tell me about it man, but good god do fat chicks give goooood head. That's about the only thing they have going for em. ahaha

leghumpers.jpg

Originally posted by Sweet InStinct@Jul 25 2003, 08:39 AM
I pay near $6000 pr.year canadian u fuckers!
Im first driver too.

I think its cause im young and i only have my G2

what prov are you in babe

Originally posted by civicgirlracer97@Jul 25 2003, 09:35 PM
My ex g/f just put a SR20det into her 240sx and is looking into the extra coverage so if her car gets totalled she isnt at a total lose on the engine swap.

ur a les?????

Originally posted by jeff@Jul 25 2003, 06:11 PM
I pay 1700 a year for my truck with full coverage and my crx si, which is for some stupid reason considered a sports car.

anything Si the'll rape ya on

You guys probably wont believe me but in order to get full coverage under my name (Im 18), on my 1992 Honda Civic Hatch DX, i would have to pay $12,430 a year. I've had my license for about a year but i think this quote is ridiculous. State Farm is the insurance company that gave me that quote, so now its under my fathers name, i just pay for it. $1800 is a lot better than that rediculous price. LOL

Back