Insurance

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thats a little much im 17 and i pay almost 200 mo. for liability thats with 65 in a 35 and avoiding a traffic device....oops...i think that after you pay for the value of your car your rates should go down but thats just my opinion.

Once again being old ain't so bad. $800/ year for "full coverage" with really good limits.

A word of caution from someone that has sold insurance in 16 different states. Slow your ass down!!

If you have a lot of points, you earned the shitty rate. Don't bitch about the insurance company, they don't drive your car, you do.

If you have been turned down by 2-3 insurance companies you can request insurance through your states "Assigned Risk Pool." Every state has them and basically the state assigns you to a company. The assignments are based on the companies share of written premium in that state. If you're in IL, for example, there is a REALLY good chance you'll get State Farm.

As for no name insurance companies. Stay away from them. You're buying a promise they will perform a service if you eff up someone's car/house/body/etc when you're driving like a maniac. If the policy ain't worth crap then not only do you loose the premium but you'll be hearing from a personal injury attorney. Think so what?..you don't have any money. They'll sue you and garnish your FUTURE wages. BI attorneys are an especially crafty form of pond scum and can find ways to make your life miserable for a long time if you are uninsured or UNDERinsured.

Young drivers with crappy records have two options for low rates. Don't drive or when you do, drive within the limits. Keep the racing for the track or wait until your old & your base rate drops. Sorry guys...that's like 30 if you're single. Ladies, 25.

Originally posted by MXDesa@Jul 27 2003, 08:11 PM
You guys probably wont believe me but in order to get full coverage under my name (Im 18), on my 1992 Honda Civic Hatch DX, i would have to pay $12,430 a year. I've had my license for about a year but i think this quote is ridiculous. State Farm is the insurance company that gave me that quote, so now its under my fathers name, i just pay for it. $1800 is a lot better than that rediculous price. LOL

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jul 27 2003, 09:33 PM-->
Originally posted by FFCiv@Jul 27 2003, 08:03 PM
civicgirlracer97
@Jul 25 2003, 09:35 PM
My ex g/f just put a SR20det into her 240sx and is looking into the extra coverage so if her car gets totalled she isnt at a total lose on the engine swap.

ur a les?????

You get kicked in the balls a lot, don't you?

I can't say I do.

I have 3 Cars.
I'm 21 years old, been driving for less than 3 years (Which is one of the requirements for lower insurance.)

I pay about $700 a year for my Civic EX
About $700 a year for my Mustang
and $2500 a year for an 87 Celica GT I have because I have "Commercial" insruance and it's considered a sports car because it's GT. What a rip.
I'm actually getting rid of it today so I don't have to worry about that huge chunk of cash out of my pocket.

I found insurance today. I signed up with Nationwide for $1,100 a year, instead of the 2nd lowest which was a little over $2,000.

Originally posted by ahedau@Jul 27 2003, 06:59 PM
If you have been turned down by 2-3 insurance companies you can request insurance through your states "Assigned Risk Pool." Every state has them and basically the state assigns you to a company. The assignments are based on the companies share of written premium in that state. If you're in IL, for example, there is a REALLY good chance you'll get State Farm.

As for no name insurance companies. Stay away from them. You're buying a promise they will perform a service if you eff up someone's car/house/body/etc when you're driving like a maniac. If the policy ain't worth crap then not only do you loose the premium but you'll be hearing from a personal injury attorney. Think so what?..you don't have any money. They'll sue you and garnish your FUTURE wages. BI attorneys are an especially crafty form of pond scum and can find ways to make your life miserable for a long time if you are uninsured or UNDERinsured.

As to the first point, didn't know every state had them, that's cool.

Second point, that isn't necessarily true -- I work for Bristol West (Coast National Ins Co), a company which most people have never heard of, but we (as do most other companies) do endeavor to protect the interests of our insureds, INCLUDING assigning counsel to our insureds when they are sued for BI exceeding policy limits. It is easy enough to research a company a LITTLE to ensure they have the assets to back up any claims you may make (even though this is done EXTENSIVELY by the state).

You're right. I shouldn't generalize. However, there are three insurance companies no one should every buy insurance from:

1) Apollo Casualty

2) Universal Casualty

3) Amigo, Amica, something like that.

Back