intake hurt or help mileage?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Because when you have a aftermarket intake it means more air, which means more fuel. an engine has to have a certain mixure of air and fuel to run right. and more fuel means more hp which is why intakes add hp. and if your tires are spinning while you have an aftermarket intake you'll be wasting more fuel than you would be if you were using a stock airbox.

Its just what I heard from alot of people

Because when you have a aftermarket intake it means more air, which means more fuel. an engine has to have a certain mixure of air and fuel to run right. and more fuel means more hp which is why intakes add hp. and if your tires are spinning while you have an aftermarket intake you'll be wasting more fuel than you would be if you were using a stock airbox.

Its just what I heard from alot of people

Yes, we all know how an intake works. I'm saying that they don't make that much of a difference. Chirping your tires a few times with an intake versus not having an intake isn't going trash your gas mileage. AND, adding an intake isn't going to up your power output so much that you'll be spinning tires like crazy.

Whoever told you these things was talking out of their ass...

lol. im not saying your tires are going to spin anymore than they would with a stock airbox.
your not getting what im saying. Also, i aint tryin to start a big argument or anything.

Last edited:
No...forget the intake it has nothing to do even remotely with spinning tires whatsoever.
They would remove the intake like brutal said for fear of sucking up water thats it.... spinning tires is going to happen if there snow on the ground...with or without an intake.

k&n drop-in filter.. done

do not use a K&N filter or intake. They do flow better but that is because they do not filter near as well as OE filters(thats how they get their gains) they can also lead to premature engine failure. anyone that has built motors and know what they are doing can tell when you pull it apart that it has had a K&N on it.

do not use a K&N filter or intake. They do flow better but that is because they do not filter near as well as OE filters(thats how they get their gains) they can also lead to premature engine failure. anyone that has built motors and know what they are doing can tell when you pull it apart that it has had a K&N on it.
um.....no

Im just trying to say people around here think that an intake does not better your fuel milage, but makes it worse. so they think it would be even worse on fuel because of the tires spinning due to the snow. not due to power gain.

lol just pretend i didnt say anything. i was just adding what i hear.

Quote somebody or provide some links to back this up please...

Im just trying to say people around here think that an intake does not better your fuel milage, but makes it worse. so they think it would be even worse on fuel because of the tires spinning due to the snow. not due to power gain.

If that's true then your gas mileage is going to suffer during the winter regardless of your intake. Like I said, these people are just talking out of their butts. The only legit reason to remove an intake during bad weather is to avoid hydro-lock...

lol just pretend i didnt say anything. i was just adding what i hear.

Fair enough! :D

honda ignition systems are really good for stock, and when it calls for NGK plugs thats exactly what i put in, and i think the air intakes are popular mainly because it makes the engine roar and looks better than a big plastic box. the ecm would compensate for "more air" so I dont think it would affect the MPG, and K&N filters do not fuck up engines thats just stupid. I have heard that the oil on them will foul out a MAF sensor but since hondas dont have those who gives a damn

Back