INTAKE INSTALLED!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmm good shyt! Loud is nice...
i got tha Airbox, loud wit cap off, super quiet when it is on.
I wonder how different your intake sounds compared to a short ram under vtec.

The coolest part about CAI's I think is the idle. You can actually hear it sucking air and shit. I love that.

But yeah, about time you get a god damn engine mod!!! :D

Good work! Maybe the intake is for a D16 and not your B- just maybe that's why the bracket doesn't line up. Who knows. I would get that sucker bolted down though, because engine movement is going to rub all that nice red paint right off onto the edges of the hole there.

i dunno how I'm going to get the bolt ot line up though...it's about 1 or 2 inches off from the bracket...

I noticed that one of the bolts holding the splash guard popped out today...so now it's just the piece of plastic the bolt went into holding it on. it should be good though. It rained hard as fuck today and I haven't had any problems.

Without my radio on and with my window and sunroof open, right around 3-4k rpm I can hear the intake sucking, then when I put my foot down (in 2nd gear and up only though) past 4500 I can hear it like mad...then vtec kicks in...it's like the motor is in the passenger seat. :D

The more I thought about it the more i thought that it can't void the warrenty if they sent me the wrong intake and the bolt won't line up right. but I'm not going to take it out of my car until i get the motor built up...that'll be a while.

Shocks and Coilovers next...then shifter. some where in there I'm a get my tires, I dunno how long these will be good for though. We'll see.

THanks for hte compliments everyone. :)

Originally posted by revolution8k@Apr 21 2004, 01:43 AM
i dunno how I'm going to get the bolt ot line up though...it's about 1 or 2 inches off from the bracket...

Don't be afraid of Mr. Drill....

Get one... $30 at Home Depot (or less) for a cheap corded drill, or you can spend a hundred or two for something nice and cordless that will drill through most any resonable material that you'd want to tackle with hand tools.

:doh: I forgot about my dremel. hmm...I have tomorrow morning off too... :D

I hope it's not rainy and shitty though.

Oh, you have a Dremel- just throw on one of those cone tips and punch a hole you can bolt the bracket to. Easy.

:thumbsup:

Huh, your butt dyno didn't feel any distinct gains. Maybe the stock si air intake isn't that restrictive. The ones in the 90-93 integs are crap, I could feel a big improvement over stock in my 91 with my AEM cai.

Originally posted by Havok@Apr 19 2004, 11:56 PM
I still want to know how you got the air filter on without taking the bumper off... :hmm:

ummmm..... remove the front wheel or even turn it all the way to the right

i know the hole part has been played out but just food for thought, when we got my girls del sol, the guy didnt have the intake bolted down and the vibration from the motor almost caused the hole in the body to saw through the intake, just another good idea too, go to autozone and get some 5/8 inch hose, cut a slit long ways, and you can line the hole in the body, around the intake it keeps the intake clean and less vibration worthy.

:concur:

when I took off my cai intake it also had a slit sawed in it from the hole. it wasn't that bad though so I just took little pieces of gum and covered it up and since the dirt and oil on my hand made the gum turn grey it was perfect cause it matched the intake. I then sold it to some dude who didn't seem to care about the hole and he's still using it to this day.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Apr 25 2004, 12:26 PM
:concur:

when I took off my cai intake it also had a slit sawed in it from the hole. it wasn't that bad though so I just took little pieces of gum and covered it up and since the dirt and oil on my hand made the gum turn grey it was perfect cause it matched the intake. I then sold it to some dude who didn't seem to care about the hole and he's still using it to this day.

the gum, im rollin over here :D

Back