Intake mani....concern

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jomarlin123

K-5eRiEs Is ThE 5HiT.....
:confused: Hows everybody doing, I dont know if this is going to be a stupid question or not but i need help decideing i have a type r motor pushing 21 psi and still have the stock intake manifold n throttle body people tell me that the skunk2 is not better then the type r and i want to knoe if is true . I just spent my money on one and i dont want to be dissapointed i also bought the 70mm throttle body wawt do you guys think those the type-r let more air in then the Skunk2 would i need this info asap beforre i put it in . Your help will be greatly appreciated .

the larger throttle body will help, but as for the manifold you want something with a large open plenum and short straight runners, in boosted applications anyways. someone please correct me if im wrong.

the edlebrock manifold is better for boost... you wasted your money on the skunk manifold.. same damn thing as the type r manifold

The skunk2 manifold has the same design as the ITR with a slight bit more flow. Nothing dramatic, but its easier to get a skunk2 than an ITR. The tb will help, but with that kind of boost I would look into a custom sheet metal application. Gary Gardella's fabricator's made me mine 4 years ago and it was awesome for the price.

If the skunk2 manifold flows any better I would throw that on. a little performance is better than stock. plus that 70mm throttle body will probably help

. The tb will help, but with that kind of boost I would look into a custom sheet metal application.

From my experience sheet metal intakes cause a terrible idle problem at least the one my friend used on his h22.

Back