Intake Mani

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ilikepie

What do you guys think about the skunk2 intake manifold for a b18b. i was going to order a new one cause i am putting on my new cylinder head soon. Im up for suggestions on a different kind also. lemme know which is best.

i've also heard it is the same thing as an itr manifold but not sure if it's true or not..... i also want to get one too but what is the price comparisons?

the sunk2 manifold is a copy of the ITR manifold

it has SLIGHTLY larger runners and flows SLIGHTLY better

if you have an ITR manifold then the differences are not enough to make one worth it

but for others it is a great choice

the ITR manifold will only fit on a B16 or ITR head.... with modification you can get it to work on the LS and GSR heads.... but why bother.... Skunk2 has models specificly designed to fit B16, LS, and GSR heads

^^ you for real.........that much from swapping the IM out......sounds hard to believe..

Originally posted by Teambypass@Mar 25 2004, 11:05 AM
Get a JG intake manifold if you can. its awsome!

the JG intake manifold is better for FI
it really isnt worth it for NA

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Mar 25 2004, 04:14 PM-->
Teambypass
@Mar 25 2004, 11:05 AM
Get a JG intake manifold if you can. its awsome!

the JG intake manifold is better for FI
it really isnt worth it for NA

depends on the setup. I have a JG on mine and I love it. My buddy has tried both and had better luck with the JG. DON'T GET ME WRONG, I love Skunk2 products. Its up to you. I just giving other options.

matt

I have done some research. AEBS intake mani is better then skunk and itr.

But then again it doens't deliver the hp shown in their dyno chart

I have decided to get a jg intake mani. I thought the aebs' only come for gsr's and type r's. Thanks for the replies

what E said.................again...........

again.............

and again............

and once more............

you could buy me a skunk2 manifol and I will sent you my GJ intake manifold. lol

Ok lets do a quick review.

The type r manifold is best for NA bc it is made right.

Both the AEBS and Skunk2 are ported like complete crap (the aebs is the biggest POS ive ever seen, just look at the ports and tell me otherwise). Since for those that do a b18c swap, and have the b18 head, the skunk2 is the closest thing next to the type r so I would get it.

For an allmotor setup, the JG and venom etc. have a huge plenum that makes powerloss for NA. Get all your facts right and lets move on.

Eddie

Originally posted by driver1@Apr 21 2004, 10:15 PM
^^^^who the fuck is this noob spoutin off! :kick:

I was kinda thinking the same thing but im not sure one way or the other about the manifolds so......... :D

Back