Intake Manifold Sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JrSiRb16A

ive got a sensor that is connected to the intake manifold right before it meets the head..well this sensor came off the manifold when i was hand drying it after i cleaned the engine...the sensor is connected to a hose which leads to the throttle body..i plan to get some sealant and re-attach it to the intake manifold ASAP..but i wanted to know exactly what it is..i have a first gen B16A..and NO its not he white sensor that is in the middle of the manifold..its right before it is connected to the head..any help would be appreciated..

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 21 2003, 03:55 AM
It's your MAP sensor.

not that i doubt your right..i just wanna make sure i described this shit right..
s3f70ca927ef52.jpg

If so..my shit wasnt sittin properly for a couple of days..the motor didnt feel different at all...not that im complaining.. B) ..just trying to learn more about it

It is def. the PCV Valve. Go buy a new one at Autozone for $3, pop it in and run the hose to the intake. The motor will not run correctly without the is valve. Have a good one. :D :p :lol: B)

yeah i knew that...i was just testing ya..dont i feel like a ass.. :lol:..thanx..i have a B16A..first gen..i take it i will have to get one for a Del Sol Vtec?

well my whole shit came out....it totally disconnected itself from the manifold

as long as both ends of the tube are connected where they are supposed to, it will function properly. mine connects the pcv to a fitting on the intake manifold. but my car is obd1.

yeah its crazy..i just took a look at it..the hoses are fine..but the actual pcv valve is off the manifold..and it has no threads on it to re-install it..i take it the new ones have threads on them..sorry so many questions..out of all the shit ive done..i never fucked with the pcv valve..lol..

Sorry about that, but this....

...the sensor is connected to a hose which leads to the throttle body..

Sounds like a MAP to me.

theres a grommet type piece that goes right where you put that arrow in your pic and then one goes to your intake mani and the other goes to that pcv,i think thats what its called(the little black box).its not a sensor,it just flows dirty air...now could you peeps look at my cooling system thread,i need info please

Originally posted by kingwilly@Sep 24 2003, 03:32 PM
theres a grommet type piece that goes right where you put that arrow in your pic and then one goes to your intake mani and the other goes to that pcv,i think thats what its called(the little black box).its not a sensor,it just flows dirty air...now could you peeps look at my cooling system thread,i need info please

I posted back there :wall:

grommet is what i was lookin for..i picked one up today after work...its all good now..thanx for the help

Back